Question on Cavaliers music snip

There is a section of their music, I kept thinking I had heard it before. Finally it dawned on me, even though I can't find any reference to it on corps reps. Didn't one section of their music come from Vox One? It sounds like something from Colts 98 show, I think it is the start of the Vox closer? Maybe this isn't the same piece, but it sure sounds like a funky arrangement of it?

the song is called "Footsteps" which Vox One titled "Searching for You"

Where does that come? The Cavies list "Footsteps" on their program, and I thought I was familiar with the original, but I still haven't tracked it down in their performance.

It's actually "Footprints" by Wayne Shorter.

Where does that come? The Cavies list "Footsteps" on their program, and I thought I was familiar with the original, but I still haven't tracked it down in their performance.

Footprints is the second tune that they are doing. It was originally written by Wayne Shorter, but the version they are going off of is the Babba Yaga version.

It's actually "Footprints" by Wayne Shorter.

haha... oops. I was thinking Footprints, but it came out Footsteps lol

The part of Cavaliers show I am talking about is at the 8:38:22 mark in the broadcast of last night's show. I am not familiar with the source music, but it sure sounds like the part in Colts 98 show, right before their big buildup. I am going to have to listen to Colts 98 to find the part.

So does anyone know if this is the same music, or if it just sounds the samme?

The Colts piece in 1998 starts around the 3:08 mark of the show on fannetwork. Maybe it is just me, but there are parts of that that seem just like that section of the Cavies show, with a different arrangement.