Elizabeth Pa

Hey well this is my first review ever.....please dont hurt me.

In order of performance,

Lake Erie Regiment

The only Div 3 corps here this evening. This is the corps first performance after 5 days of deatch camp. thats not a lot of time if you think about it. They did very good for so little time to practice. They did New World Symphony and are doing great minus some balance issuses within the hornline. With some work they will be fine.

My score 43.05

judges 50.65

Kiwanis Kavaliers

A little on the small side but bigger than last year so thats a good thing. I dont quite get the member of the guard dancing through the hornlines warmup untill the beginning of the show but it was kinda neat. WOW WHAT AN OPENING STATEMENT. Hey Jude was awesome. They did Beatles music, but it was the Beatles meet DCI not the Beatles meet BOA so that is a huge plus. But whoever the Mello soloist is in the Long and Winding Road, is great, that person played soooooooooo well. I really liked this show.

my score 58.70

judges 59.65

Capital Regiment

This corps just continues to grow, bigger than K Kavies but not a full corps. None the matter they were great. But just like with every corps this evening they have to clean and theyll get better. This corps has a great low brass section KEEP IT UP. There have been a lot of changes to this show visually and Im definatley diggin' it. Way better than when I saw them at their deatch camp. Entertaning show!!

my scoer 60.15

judges 58.55

Madison Scouts

I actually like corps uniforms.......but not the guards. Oh well maybe theyll grow on me. wow if they didnt have the squeeling solos before they are starting to add them they had a couple of guys wailin away which got the crowd worked up. there was an awesome bari and mello duet in their ballad. and the sop and mello feature before the jam session was great. Speaking of a jam session.....WOW that was great and it really got the crowd into their performance. Their drum line seems smaller then the lines that theyve had in the past but these cats can play. Rock on and I would just like to welcome these guys back to finals!!!!!

my score 70.35

judges 71.40

Magic Of Orlando

They didnt have an on field warm up which kind of stunk but its ok. The horn player start maching with out their horns, what do they have you ask.....bells. Its kinda neat they march around ringing them and there are 3 or 4 trumpet soloists that play while the bells are ringing. really cool. The tubas dont wear shakos....which I dont like at all but hey i have no say in that and if they like it fine. the corps sounds great but not on the move, I guess thats why they dance more than march. But atleast their danceing is cool and not lame. This product is not as good (in my eyes) as last year but is still very entertaining.

my score 64.15

judges 68.40

Glassmen

The two tone sleeves are great but the purple triangle has to go (I was a fan of the mirrors) Anyways, the Gmen were definatley the crowd favorites tonight. And the crowd must have hyped this corps up because they did great. But they werent as loud as they were made out to be. Maybe the staff told them to settle down a little bit. But they still had their loud points. They "air" piece was great. But my favorite of their show was October. I love this piece, I played it at a state band festival and they nailed it!!! great job overall by the Glassmen

my score 66.05

judges 69.25

retreat was dms only but it took forever to set up so I left with out seeing it.

The Kavaliers have a nice show but they are much smaller then last year. Only counted 84 people on the field! The show is done well but it's still BOA all the way!. Can't see how they beat Capital Regiment. That won't happen again!

Drumline was VERY DIRTY and young. For that matter the entire corps looks very young. What is it with Canadian corps? Since the days of Dutch Boy doesn't seem like they can field a full corps and produce show's with substance.

Mello soloist is a female and a great player, great solo. The guard is small 15 I think? What happened to all those kids from Florida. I remember seeing them in Philly last summer with over 130 members! Not a very good show (SpiderMan) but a nice looking group besides those crazy hats!

19th, 20th or 21st is where they will be in Orlando. It's a good thing Division II/III can't compete in Open Class at Finals anymore. Some Open corps could be on the outside looking in! Jersey Surf, Spartans and others could replace Pioneer, K Kavalers and Troopers as member corps!

The Dirt Man!

19th, 20th or 21st is where they will be in Orlando. It's a good thing Division II/III can't compete in Open Class at Finals anymore. Some Open corps could be on the outside looking in! Jersey Surf, Spartans and others could replace Pioneer, K Kavalers and Troopers as member corps!

The Dirt Man!

Then I guess those D2 corps need to go D1 and make those words a reality. Until then, the Kavaliers will be a member corps again.

The drumline for KK is very young, very young...the snare line is all high school kids pretty much except the center guy. The majority of the corps is actually from Florida, probably 85 percent if not more. The corps is young, but they work very hard and are playing a fun show. They have a talented staff, so they will hopefully keep pushing and make semis.

The mellophone soloist is my sister :) Her name is Brandy.

Jeremy Vest

www.chsdrumline.com