An App for WHAT?

Hey Mike Boo.... did anyone ever find a copy of that Drum Corps comic book from the mid-70? The Twilight Zone type story where the corps of robots competes against the humans (MANCORPS) had computerized judging.

Then again it was the tic system so the computers were doing M&M X (execution for you younger folks).

I read that as a kid. It wasn't a comic book... it was a novel, but there were some funky illustrations in the version I had. The guy that wrote it, I think he marched in VK waaaaay back. Interesting guy... out there.

Hey Mike Boo.... did anyone ever find a copy of that Drum Corps comic book from the mid-70? The Twilight Zone type story where the corps of robots competes against the humans (MANCORPS) had computerized judging.

Then again it was the tic system so the computers were doing M&M X (execution for you younger folks).

Funny, the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread was that book!

I read that as a kid. It wasn't a comic book... it was a novel, but there were some funky illustrations in the version I had. The guy that wrote it, I think he marched in VK waaaaay back. Interesting guy... out there.

You're thinking of a totally different product. The comic book was written by someone from Toronto Optimists. The book to which you're referring was a futuristic (and very, very strange) look at drum corps perhaps a century from now.

Why? I dunno, it was just a thought that floated through my head.

• 7 months later...

I hereby resurrect this thread now that the season has started.