snareline needed for gig on 12-3-11

JohnDonovanDotBiz

Dear rudimental community,

I am looking for a snareline of 6-10 men for a job on Saturday, December 3rd, 2011 for a five minute performance on Long Island, New York at a private event. I am looking for a premade snareline of corps style level performers only with training from either DCI, DCA or WGI. I am looking for a snareline that has a pre-existing performance with chorography. It is a plus if the snareline can juggle, and has members within the line that can execute advanced stick tricks.

Here is an “example” of what would work to satisfy the client:

1. The snareline marches from the main entrance onto the main dance floor with the cadence, or other know piece of music and comes to a stop on the dancefloor.

2. The snareline may then move to staggered positions with some players on the dancefloor and some players on small stages. This won’t be known until the night of the performance.

3. The snareline then plays the cadence or other know piece of music in the new staged position with lots of lower body movement as what has been the trend in recent years in DCI.

4. Individuals then break out to do 20 second solos involving the execution of advanced stick tricks.

5. The snareline then exits the room playing the cadence or other known piece.

I was contacted this evening by an event company and I must have a proposal into them by Monday.

I understand the season is just starting. I am not looking for a perfectly polished performance as I know this is impossible to find this time of year with the corps just getting started for the 2012 season.

Exact pay is not known yet, however this will be proper pay. I wouldn’t send skilled men out for crap change.

In lieu that it may be impossible to find a premade snare line, considerations will be made for individuals looking to work. Please send some type of audition video link to partydrummer@johndonovan.biz Please state in the email where you are from, and if you represent any larger groups. Do NOT post any audition videos on my wall.

There may be a rehearsal involved, location and time unknown. Rehearsal would be paid as well. This would be a contracted gig so you must be over 18.