Windsor Regiment 2012 show announcement

Majesty, power, beauty, and spirit..... all words that describe the great Cathedrals.  The Windsor Regiment is excited to be exploring all facets of these grand feats of humanity in their 2012 production, Angels in the Architecture.

"As I spoke to the corps about the show concept I found myself equating the story behind our theme to the passion that we all feel for this activity and how it affects us spiritually", says Executive Director Kevin Serfass.

We open our show with a simple angelic prayer as a dedication to our Cathedral, and then immediately begin building the foundation with David Gillinghams, Stained Glass.

"When researching our concept, I was amazed by the construction techniques used to build these massive houses of worship.   It's easy to forget that the craftsmen of that era had nothing more then simple machines to construct these behemoths.   I plan on using these simple machine concepts to really drive the visual thought process through our opening number," said show designer Rob Pacitti.

No word conveys the thought of spiritual divinity better then, Hallelujah.   As our opening number referenced the construction of the Cathedral, in our ballad, we move inside and assemble our congregation to build to the Divine Moment.

"From the very beginning, I knew the Buckley version of Hallelujah would be the perfect ballad for our show.  It really conveys the message of unity in spirit and we intend on giving the crowd something they will go home humming," says brass arranger Chris Kilian.

We close out our show with the title piece, Angels in the Architecture, by Frank Tichelli.   

In this number the Windsor Regiment is going to open up with a killer JR Bechtel drum feature, and then explore the various conflicts of the Divine Spirit vs. Human Nature.  In the end, the Divine conquers all as we give the audience a powerful Drum Corps ending that people will be talking about all season long!

We're very excited about this show. The design process has been a pleasure to be a part of so far. Is it Wildwood yet???