Defenders Alumni Corps - Open House - SUN 15 JAN 2012

Navillus WP

defenderlogo.pngAnnual Open House: Sun 15 Jan. 2012 (Noon – 4 PM) Abington Senior Center (MapQuest: 4441 Summer St. Abington MA 02351)

• Refreshments provided
  • We have percussion instruments, bugles, and color guard equipment to lend.
  • Renew old friendships, talk about "back in the day..." Come check us out!

The Defenders Alumni Corps is an all-age drum corps with members ages 16-68. Although the name of the corps is the Defenders Alumni Corps, we respect that many of our members come from other places, such as bands or other drum corps.

We acknowledge that some potential members haven't played in years. Have no fear; you'll get your chops and hands back with a little rehearsal. You'll be surprised how much you retained over the years.

We understand that not everyone will be able to learn everything, we just tell everyone to know what NOT to play when we perform

Membership is open in all sections.

Rehearsals are one Sunday a month with 2 optional music rehearsals on two Wednesday nights a month. All are held at the Abington Senior Center. VISITORS ALWAYS WELCOMED.

The corps will retain some of our 2011 music and add an additional 2 musical numbers. There will be plenty of rehearsal time and sectional work to get new members caught up and older members more comfortable with what we know..

We do understand that life and family do come first and that members will have to miss rehearsals and performances. However, we ask that you make every effort to attend whenever you can.

There are NO DUES to participate. (No "initiation" of rookies, either!) For a $25 uniform fee, members are issued both summer & military uniforms. Member must buy their own black tuxedo or dress pants and black shoes. Members are also required to sell 3 books - 15 tickets - for our annual "Golf Ball Drop" at our annual golf tournament.

To see us in action on YouTube, click on this link:

Edited by Navillus WP

• 5 weeks later...
:thumbup: Bump Edited by Navillus WP

:thumbup: Whaaat!?! 60 horns expected! .....

I heard a horn line of 60 Plus!

That's more than 60, not 60 plus size people!

I won't turn sixty until April. That makes me almost average .... I think.

:blink: