Mouthpiece adapter needed - baritone

green18machine

Hello, I am playing on a small bore baritone bugle and I need an adapter so I can use my medium/large shank mouthpiece on it. Anyone know where I could find one? My searches seem to only turn up the opposite.

thanks

A reverse shank adapter from large to small? I'm unsure ff anyone manufactures that. I'd also be seriously concerned that it would extend the length of the leadpipe sigificantly and cause serious intonation issues from the get-go.

My advice- use what I use for my small-shank YEP321S Euphonium and my Kanstul Bari- a Denis Wick 6BY or perhaps what I found on their list if you like them bigger, a 4AY. they fit in the smaller shank, and have a deep cup and a great open throat to compensate for the smaller shank. It's good for the delicate playing I do with a Brass Quintet on my Euph or for gunning down the audience in alumni corps. :thumbup:

I know a guy that uses an adapter like that. And you don't wanna sound like him.

Seriously, ANY mouthpiece/adapter combo makes a huge mess out of the backbore area, which is a good chunk of the overall mouthpiece science.

Always use a mouthpiece with the proper shank for the particular receiver of the particular instrument.

• Like 1

I know a guy that uses an adapter like that. And you don't wanna sound like him.

Seriously, ANY mouthpiece/adapter combo makes a huge mess out of the backbore area, which is a good chunk of the overall mouthpiece science.

Always use a mouthpiece with the proper shank for the particular receiver of the particular instrument.

AMEN, brudda!

It's why Hirsbrunner Eupohniums have an interchangeable shank assembly. :thumbup: