CINCY REGIONAL!

Twirling07

Pride of Cincinnati - Such a beautiful, thought provoking, and intellectual production. Beautifully choreographed. The cast is simply amazing! I could watch this show over and over!

Zydeco - what a great concept and an beautiful soundtrack with the talent to pull it off

Onyx - Great show with great ideas. Love the tear away flags. They will certainly medal.

Carmel - the performers are technically solid and the show is coming a long quite nicely. a great follow up to last year's production.

Northview - it's clucking adorable! still lots to do but they are definately a favorite

Trumble - I just love this show and this colorguard. One of my favorites.

Lawrence Central - This show is wonderful and the kids do a great job with it. Love the tumbling boxes!

O2 - a typical O2 production but this guard is well rehearsed and worthy of the success they are having.

Greenfield - wonderful guard, wonderful show

Greenwood - wonderful guard, wonderful show

Lexis - fun, fun, fun! big guard, big soundtrack, and they fulfill it! beautiful performers with high energy and great skills. this show is a crowd favorite!

Southeast - this group is techically sound and they do a great job with only 8 performers.

Edited by visual1
  • Like 1

I called it last year! I said O2 will do well, likely medal and be bumped right back up to where they belong! Back in world! They should have never dropped down.

Love Juxta this year, great show!

Edited by thedova
  • Like 1

Favs from Cincy!

Bellbrook…I could watch this show for days and days!! Michael Gaines staged another masterpiece with Bellbrook which is evident by them taking the EA caption and coming in 2nd in GE. The show ‘Where the Sidewalk Ends’ explores the thoughts and memories we hold dear about a simpler time, and is done so in a very modern way. Bellbrook is the real deal and should be a strong finalist in SA at WGI

LWN- Beautiful flag work from Lincoln Way North!!! So delicious it has to be fattening.

I LOVE Greenfield-Central’s show ‘In this Shirt’ My only criticism is that the writing on the t-shirts is not visible to the audience and needs to be silk-screen or applied in a way that we can actually read them, as it’s integral to the theme. That aside, GC moved my in a very emotional way, and I just adore this show. My favorite SO show of the year. Raise your hand if you think GC looks like old Center Grove! That’s a GOOD thing.

Greenwood is also VERY good and has a boy who I swear is 28 and a ringer! He has amazing skills and technique for a high school student

I actually quite enjoyed Naperville Central’s show on the elephant man…in fact I love the moment when their soundtrack says “who is a freak” and they spin their props around which unveils numerous mirrors and reflects the audience….so you can see yourself! A VERY powerful moment. Aren’t we all freaks in some ways!?!

O2 is Gorgeous and their featured guy is simply amazing. Beautiful and solid work, with technique for days! O2 reminds me of old-school Onyx. O2 will medal...mark those words! ;-)

Ancora was also very good, but they were the 3rd group…yes THIRD group to use the music ‘This Bitter Earth.’

Lawrence Central has my FAVORITE show of the year! It’s creative, cutting-edge, ingenious…and so beautifully performed and executed. The way they manipulate those boxes and integrate them into the show is stunning. You do NOT want to miss this show…it will be a lot of people’s favorites this year. 2nd year director, Becca Sullens should be given incredible credit for developing and bringing to life this wonderful production.

Northview, I have to admit, I was cracking up half way through this show….a clucking chicken is featured throughout the program almost mocking the vocalist of the magic flute. This is a show that will have the audience on their feet. The performers are what really sell this show…they’re fantastic.

Trumbull’s throwback show to honor WGI’s 35th with a nod to Erte and Emerald Marquis was a HUGE crowd pleaser, that got a standing ovation

Pride of Cincinnati is staged meticulously, and performed at such a high level. The members are well trained and have top notch technique, but for me…there’s something missing in this show. I’m not sure what it is…maybe soundtrack design? I just feel it’s overly repetitive with an emphasis on Christianity. I don’t think that it is at all controversial, but as a viewer, I feel a little more depth with the questions concerning whether there is or isn’t a god should be spliced in..and some of the sermon preaching removed. Then again, that’s just my humble take. To me it comes off a little preachy, and what I really want the show to do is, draw me in with their performance and soundtrack which will make me question those fundamental beliefs...but right now it just doesn’t…Right now, it’s just a good show.

Zydeco – First off I love any show that uses ‘I can’t make you love me if you don’t’ It’s like Byron Valentine pried into my mind at the age of 15. Pairing it with the Tin Man theme was simply genius. Another Michael Gaines staging tour de force, and a flag book by Michael Shapiro…I’m in heaven!! Love this beautiful show

Onyx is the real deal. This year they invite the viewer into their show and to experience it with them as opposed to last year where it seemed (at least to me) that the dissonance of what they were trying to create left the audience out of their production. Very strong movement and weapon skills. There are brilliant movement passages and I LOVE the pole work, especially removing and attaching the silks through the duration of the show. This may be the strongest Onyx yet! And better than that, it’s an Onyx that almost everyone can and will appreciate!

So there are my Favorites from Cincy! Hope you enjoyed… :biggrin:

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay
  • Like 2