Skip Prokop - Lighthouse

Never saw that before. Did you notice the clip of Fyling Dutchmen in that montage?

Regards,

John

Sure looks like K-W Flying Dutchmen :wink: We also did performances at Ontario Place in the early 1970’s, changed into our street clothes and went to the Cinesphere or the Forum to take in a concert. One time TSO played 1812 Overture with real canons. Also may have seen Bob Marley. The Forum had a picnic in the park atmosphere with awesome live music.

x-ontario-place.png

I read your article. Kudos and thank you! Toronto Optimists and Lighthouse connection? I marched drum corps in T.O., saw Lighthouse on stage and now learned something new about my own backyard. I ended up reading the entire April 2012 edition of DCW end to end, cover to cover. It was neat reading April in March; kinda like a sneak peek :bigsmile:

Sure looks like K-W Flying Dutchmen :wink: We also did performances at Ontario Place in the early 1970’s, changed into our street clothes and went to the Cinesphere or the Forum to take in a concert. One time TSO played 1812 Overture with real canons. Also may have seen Bob Marley. The Forum had a picnic in the park atmosphere with awesome live music.

x-ontario-place.png

I read your article. Kudos and thank you! Toronto Optimists and Lighthouse connection? I marched drum corps in T.O., saw Lighthouse on stage and now learned something new about my own backyard. I ended up reading the entire April 2012 edition of DCW end to end, cover to cover. It was neat reading April in March; kinda like a sneak peek :bigsmile:

thanks Linda. It was one of the more fun things to write. Part two next month.

I think every corps did Ontraio Place - PADDLE BOATS! Every Labour Day weekend for me, and Canadian Nationals at the same time.

Regards,

John