LATRICE ROYALE AND WINTER GUARD

I hadn't heard anything about this until someone mentioned it to me during one of the 'after' celebrations on Saturday night in Dayton, but, apparently, it's a fairly well known fact that Latrice Royale (aka, Tim Wilcots) has quite an extensive background in fall season color guard and winter guard.

As the story was told to me, the fierce performer from South Florida who just barely missed-out on being in the final three on the current season of 'RuPaul's Drag Race,' was a member of Alliance of Miami at some point during the 1990s, possibly during Alliance's memorable 'Hotel California' program.

When I returned home, I immediately started Googling 'Latrice Royale + winter guard' to see what I could find - and there were quite a few references out there.

One of the judge's bio that I ran across - assuming it's accurate - said that Latrice (Tim) also has performed with The Sundowners, The Blue Stars and The Magic of Orlando, as well as taught several DCI and WGI units. The same bio went on to say that he has instructed high school color guard throughout Florida and that he's still involved in winter guard, although recently he has taken on more of a consultant roll, designing flags, floors, show concepts, hair/makeup and some choreography.

Wow...!!! Who knew, right...???

If anyone out there has 'Latrice' guard memories/stories and would be interested in sharing them, then PLEASE do so.

Lots and LOTS of people certainly would be interested in learning more about this fabulous performer's connection to our activity...!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by Mr. Know it all
  • Like 3

Don't know anything about this. However, on a similar note, on the way back from Dayton we had a layover in Atlanta and saw Sharon Needles in the airport!

EDIT: Just looked up Latrice Royale's website. It is created and hosted by Alliance Media - the same company that Tony Florio (of Alliance of Miami) owns and operates. So there may be a connection there!

Edited by ATXguard
  • Like 1