OT [kinda]: Colonel Bogey March *cha-cha*?

Jim Nevermann

I heard it a few times on the radio back in the late '50s or early '60s. Likely by a normally swing big band or possibly by whoever originated/recorded "Cherry Pink & Apple Blossom White".

A preliminary YouTube search has turned up nothing.

I heard it a few times on the radio back in the late '50s or early '60s. Likely by a normally swing big band or possibly by whoever originated/recorded "Cherry Pink & Apple Blossom White".

A preliminary YouTube search has turned up nothing.

I seem to recall hearing it also, way back then. I'm thinking Perez Prado's Orchestra.?

Ray

I'm thinking Perez Prado's Orchestra.

Sounds reasonable. I just started looking in YouTube under his name... during which I found [40-some years later!] the apparent inspiration for the CMCC Warrior's 1970 or '71 opener "Voodoo Suite". If you ingnore the silly "native dancing" and very dated dialogue, CMCC's opener starts about halfway through this video [just when the girl rips her dress up the front]

I presume Hy Drietzer [sp?] wrote CMCC's version. Or not?

Ray,

On the mark as usual. Perez Prado did the original Cherry Pink. Let's not forget Don Angelica was the soloist for the Cabs on this tune.

Jim, you didn't mention how you're doing your search for the Latin Colonel Bogey, but I usually start with Amazon. I'll try to help. Prado was pretty commercial, but he did some hip stuff, too. There used to be an old TV show in B&W that featured two bands on a revolving band stand and I remember seeing Prado on one of these shows.

Other prominent Latin bands from this era were Tito Puente's and Tito Rodriguez's. A bit of a stretch, but don't rule out Desi Arnez.

Kevin

Guys , did some research. Cherry Pink was written by Louiguy from France.

A Wiki search for Perez Prado has links to numerous albums.

A Google search of " Latin Colonel Bogey March Music" has numerous links.

Jim, you know what you're looking for, so I will leave the rest to you. Good luck and let us know about the results.

Kevin