THE STORY OF THE CADETS

GET READY, IT'S COMING...the all new updated, upgraded, on-line Story of The Cadets will go live on June 9th, and best of all there's no charge. Just log on to www.theholynamecadets.net and enjoy...but NOT BEFORE JUNE 9TH. It's packed full of stories, photos, audio, and if you're lucky you might catch a whiff of aroma-therapy (not really). That's JUNE 9th, www.theholynamecadets.net Seriously, this is one heck of a "book." Check it out and see for yourself.

Seventy-eight years in coming, you'd better believe it's a blockbuster! Use this attachment with this email as a reminder to pin to your calendar. June 9th is the day.

Have not had time to go through this very thoroughly yet, but, looking at the index or table of contents, where is the contest history or what section would I find it under?

I see a list of directors and officers through the years, repertoires through the years, but no contest dates/schedules/scores through the years?

Corps contest histories are one of my favorite parts of a corps history to look at so if you could guide me to those I would be most appreiciative! (especially/particularly the 70's where corpsreps has 5 of those years (half the decade) with 10 or less dates listed)

Thank you!

Sorry to disappoint, but all the contest result information you are looking for (mainly on major contests), can be found in The History of Drum and Bugle Corps, Volume 2, sold by Steve Vickers of Drum Corps World and also by Drum Corps International. The Cadets do not maintain records of contest placements or scores.

• Like 1

Sorry to disappoint, but all the contest result information you are looking for (mainly on major contests), can be found in The History of Drum and Bugle Corps, Volume 2, sold by Steve Vickers of Drum Corps World and also by Drum Corps International. The Cadets do not maintain records of contest placements or scores.

Hi, actually none of the information I am looking for can be found there. I have that book, it only lists the major/national contests. I am talking about the every day contests the corps was in (many times 20 to 30 contests per year besides National contests)

The everyday contests are just as important to our histories as the Nationals, lots of battles fought, its all those contests that prepare you for the Nationals.

Contests in Bridgeport, Lodi, Fair Lawn, Woodbridge, Bayonne, Parsippany, Newark, Wilmington, Wildwood, Hempstead, Elizabeth and on and on.....if no records were kept, that is lost drum corps history!

Such a shame they did not mantain their contest dates and placements. (Sadly, many corps back in the day did not bother to or feel the need to keep contest info)

Being a competitive drum corps, the contests themselfs (and the results of) are our histories (IMO) just as much, if not more than the photos and audio.

Disclaimer, I do not in any way mean this as an attack against you or this project. As I mentioned before, 5 out of the 10 years during the decade of the Seventies corpsreps has 10 or fewer contest dates listed for the Garfield Cadets, was really hoping a new site about nothing but Cadets would have these missing dates, and thought I was somehow overlooking them.

Most probably do not care about all the contests that took place along the way to the Nationals each year but I absolutely love checking out a corps contest history (any corps) day by day, week by week, month by month, so much happens over the course of a contest season, brings back lots of memories!

• Like 1