The Spirit of Drum Corps is Alive .

Hello to All Drum and Bugle Corps Lovers Every where. I watched my first live corps show via computer

last night. I was thrilled to see so many young people, competing in a true effort to please. The Spirit of

Drum Corps is Alive and growing despite all the Sports hype these days, not to mention economic problems

but you can't keep the True Love of Drum Corps down. I remember when the Corps Spirit caught me in 1958.

I was hooked after seeing my first show, I was in a sea cadet band and loved to march and perform. I found

a local corps and joined, the Grantham Police Boys, we were the 1st to wear, real bobby helmets sent to us

from England. we wore heavy serge tunics and after my first show I was totally exausted and drentioned in

sweat, but oh the feeling, I wanted more, but in those days it was weekend only shows with no tours. I

eventually ended up in Canada's pride and joy, the Toronto Optimist Drum Corps and marched for 3yr

until I aged out. I also marched in the Sr. DCA circut with various Corps, The last show was I marched

was in 1980 in Hersey PA. I drove buses and was lucky enough to hook up with the Oakland Crusaders

and was in Whitewater, in 73 when Santa Clara won. My love for corps has been alive in me all these

years, and I am so glad to be able to watch my love on these new gadgets. I have had aStroke and

gone through Prostrate Cancer, multiple Bowel surgerys and other health problems, but the Love

Drum and Bugle Corps lives on. Best of luck to All Corps everywhere as you compete in this 20112

Season.

Welcome aboard! I know exactly how you feel. 26 years ago this month, i marched my first show. What an experience that was. Something i'll never forget. My love of drum corps and the activity as a whole is stronger now as it ever was. What a great thing drum corps is!