Open Class Competing with World Question

I could be wrong here, but....

World and Open prior to prelims are judged on different sheets. Apples to oranges not apples to apples. It appears there was a posting error on dci.org for the 7/14 Mission Viejo show, listing all corps as world class and then putting those scores into the world class rankings average. Kinda mucks things up right now. Although, I have no doubt that by the time prelims come around some of those open class corps will beat a few world class. Someone please clarify anything here if I'm wrong.

Open Class corps are NOT judged on the same sheets as World Class corps UNTIL Prelims. For now (and for all season up until Championships) Open and World Class are judged on two separate scales. Can't compare the scores from the two classes directly. It's safe to guesstimate a 15-20 point drop for Open Class corps when they are finally judged on World Class criteria, so BDB is really only scoring 63~65 in World Class "points", putting them ahead of only Cascades and Pioneer at this time.

Edited by hostrauser

Some west coast all-age corps are included in the rankings, too.... maybe they're trying to soften us up before slipping in Cadets2 right below Cadets in the rankings..... but clearly someone punched a wrong button somewhere.