Revolution '13

It was a Teal type incident, non-dues collection for a lot of the kids but they got to tour anyway, financial issues galore, bus non-payment issues, problems getting home from finals, problems, problems, problems, etc... but this was year 2011 with all old administration and old staff, so factor that in. I am curious, however, if any of the great parents who exhibited a true sense of responsibility, and not only paid in full for their own kids they also ended up bailing out the corps so the rest of the kids could get home, received any compensation from the new administration.

Can't speak for all but, for me: No, not even a thank you letter.

You do know that the snare tech for Revo this year teaches at GP right??

Didn't revo compete already ? If so don't blame them for not wanting to stay around for a lousy parade

I do, Kyle! Mr. Hernandez! Is there any way you could send me an email address in a message so I can get in contact with him? Or someone I can get information from? Thanks!

Didn't revo compete already ? If so don't blame them for not wanting to stay around for a lousy parade

Revolution did compete in Open Class finals this year and reached their goal of the season.

Tastydiddles and Kyle461. I know that you two are young and looking at this in a drumming performance mindset. However, there is something far, far more important than the performance level. No matter who you look at to possibly audition for, mainly look for a corps in which they are concerned with your safety and welfare as much as your musical experience, and you will have a better drum corps experience.

Edited by Stu

I would stay far far far away from Revo. Seems very unstable to me.

Before the parents and old staff members start getting on here and bashing Revolution again, I would ask that this thread be closed. The current staff, including yours truly, had nothing else in mind but the safety of the kids and their experience from this year. They made it to finals, competed along the way, and are almost home. Nothing else to it. If you have questions about the organization please ask current staff, not anyone still holding on to the past. Thank you and agin please close thread.....

Edited by Kyle461
  • Like 1