Glassmen

I don't think there is anything cryptic there...

There is a HUGE underground movement within the Alumni of the Glassmen to create a real bona fide Alumni Association to support the corps. I'm guessing it's a reference to that.

If there are any other Glassmen Alumni out there who have not been a part of this to this point, let me know and I will get you involved!

• Like 3

Thanks guys!! I stand by an organization that means the world to me. Maybe Janet will bring me in as a PR guy haha. BUT... New news outta Toledo after just posting last night. There's a new interim director!!!

David Stinson has been brought in as an Interim Director. Looks to me like a great asset in the Ohio area which is a major recruiting area for the Glassmen. They are still a local based corps primarily and he has a lot to bring to the corps in this capacity. Look forward to seeing the ball roll into November auditions.

Just curious why interim?

I'll tell ya trying to get an alumni association going with the Glassmen is like trying to pull teeth , myself and some other

people not mentioning any names to protect them tried to do this a few years ago and all we got for our efforts was a form letter

from the corps delivered to myself by two certain people also who I won't mention any names I was never so hurt in my life ! This would've never cost the Glassmen any money whatsoever they even had the guts to tell to cease and desist using the Glassmen name

a name that I have been a part of since 1973 a name that me and several other kids at the time came up with Don't get me wrong I wan't to see this corps succeed more than anything really I do this , this is my corps as well as thousands of kids that have become Glassmen family through the years yes there are some Glassmen that I don't get along with but I still care for them emensely

but thats family even the ones that gave me that nasty gram :cool: come on people we need an alumni association and we need it to be headed up locally and I'm not asking for the job but I do think that someone from the Toledo / N.W. Ohio area that is qualified to chair this organization should be offered the job . A meeting should be arranged by Mr. Stinson and the B.O.D. As soon as possible ! I would say to any younsters wanting to try out for the Glassmen for the 2013 season to go ahead I think that everthing will work out just fine This corps has world class instructors , great food and an " Experience of a Liftime " !!!!!

There's a lot of work to be done behind the scenes I feel, but the great thing is this work can be done without having a negative impact on the corps on the field. The 2013 Glassmen will be another example of 150 kids coming together to put on a world class DCI show. They will be welcomed into a loving alumni and family environment, whether it's from an "organized" alumni association or not. The Glassmen family is strong and being built backwards, from recent age outs and down. When the oldest people realize that this corps is terrific and maybe they don't always know best, is when it will thrive. Smitty, certainly not a shot at you. But there needs to be trust especially from the eldest Glassmen family. And I feel that's what has lacked. Maybe a change in guard will offer the organization that privilege. They deserve it. The talent and staff are there. What's missing is a trust from the people that should stand firmest behind it.

• Like 1

There's a lot of work to be done behind the scenes I feel, but the great thing is this work can be done without having a negative impact on the corps on the field. The 2013 Glassmen will be another example of 150 kids coming together to put on a world class DCI show. They will be welcomed into a loving alumni and family environment, whether it's from an "organized" alumni association or not. The Glassmen family is strong and being built backwards, from recent age outs and down. When the oldest people realize that this corps is terrific and maybe they don't always know best, is when it will thrive. Smitty, certainly not a shot at you. But there needs to be trust especially from the eldest Glassmen family. And I feel that's what has lacked. Maybe a change in guard will offer the organization that privilege. They deserve it. The talent and staff are there. What's missing is a trust from the people that should stand firmest behind it.

I totally agree with you Matt I will send you a personal message tomorrow and explain some things that I cannot on this forum !

Edited by rudi man