Promotions

idel

So it looks like Southern Regional HS and West Orange HS have been promoted to Sch Open. Both seem well deserved to me after seeing them live. What does that mean for Jamestown and Cooper City?

Jamestown had a similar score to those other two a week before, but are still listed in A. I do know that they beat Greater Johnstown by about 3 points, while even though the scores were lower Southern and West Orange beat Greater Johnstown by over 5 points. Cooper City got an 84 at the regional this past weekend.

With the amount of Sch A guards this year versus the amount of Opens, I would think that a decent amount of guards could be moved up. After seeing some of these top A guards, I think the classifications should really be looked at. If A class is basic skills, then what exactly is considered basic skills these days?

FYI, Jamestown High School has been reviewed and kept back in SA for the remainder of the season. I am not sure of the reasoning other than it is a true A class show, done very well!!! Also to add to that, the reviewal process might include where some of these guards might have finished in the past. West Orange and Southern Regional were both finalists a year ago, I believe! Jamestown has only ever reached semis. As far as Cooper City goes, WGI has ten days to review them and make a decision, this will be the last week of regionals up for review for promotions!

West Orange made finals and finished 7th (and has even medaled in Open some years back), while Southern just missed finals by like a tenth which is definitely still saying something with so many groups in that class. So yes, both had success. And I can see how both have shows that would probably be more successful in Open than Jamestown. I'm curious to see what happens with Cooper City.

West Orange's show is really beautiful. I was waiting for it to be promoted. The layering and skills the members are achieving are definitely not A class. Good to see them in Open again.

Just noticed on the WGI website....Cape Fear and Cooper City were both promoted to Scholastic Open.