Backyard Brawl: $5,000 Matching Challenge from the Classic Cavali

Yes, this is a post highlighting a fundraising campaign -- I wanted to make sure we're letting DCP know what's going on with our efforts and to tell you about a cool match opportunity for the Green Team.

The Cavaliers and Phantom Regiment are at it again for this year's Backyard Brawl fundraising challenge. In 2012, Regiment took home the title, bringing in a total of $32,217, which was $3,704.57 ahead of The Cavaliers' total of $28,512.43. All-in-all, the two corps brought in more than $60,000 last year, which was pretty darn impressive for our first go-round at something like this.

Cavaliers2013_BYB2012Checks.jpg

The Cavaliers have had a very strong start to the 2013 campaign, with the first public report (on July 3) resulting in a $9,352 advantage over Phantom Regiment. We did this by getting some generous alums to put up two $1,000 matches that we used over the first two days of the campaign. The Cavaliers also rolled out a new giving website (give.cavaliers.org) that gave us more control over the donor experience...all in an effort to make it simple to support what we do.

[i'd definitely encourage feedback at Chris.Lugo@cavaliers.org regarding this giving site, as we're getting closer to rolling out a new main cavaliers.org experience, as well...and I know there is a LOT of brain power here!]

To help ensure the corps continues on with our fundraising momentum, the Classic Cavaliers have step up with a $5,000 matching challenge, which is the largest match opportunity The Cavaliers have received from a single entity.

This is HUGE for us.

The Classics support The Cavaliers through performing at various events, parades, and festivals in the Midwest, with funds raised helping directly offset a number of expenses incurred by the drum corps. This group of Cavalier (primarily) and drum corps alumni have come through in the clutch with this $5k match, and I hope some of our DCPers can help support this effort to DOUBLE the impact to $10,000.

FeatureBYB_2013_ClassicsMatch_2.png

This particular challenge goes through 11:00 pm CST on Saturday, July 6. If you're interested in helping us hit this match, you can give an amount that's comfortable for you at give.cavaliers.org...we're definitely going to need ALL the help we can get to realize a match of this size!

Thanks so much for those who took a look at this post -- I really do appreciate the community here on DCP, and I hope to learn more about why many of you are so incredibly passionate about our activity!

Let me know if you have any questions about the Backyard Brawl or our $5,000 matching challenge from the Classic Cavaliers.

• Like 2

Just an update for DCP that we (The Cavaliers) are 18% of the way toward hitting this $5,000 matching challenge with less than 36 hours to go...which means we have a LOT of ground to make up!

One way we could use YOUR help would be sharing this campaign/challenge with your extended network.

FB Post:

Read More on Cavaliers.org:

Donate Today: