Two Valve French Horn or Mello?

BklynMario

...at a very reasonable price? Grazie!

mario

...at a very reasonable price? Grazie!

mario

I saw a Mello on ebay last week don't know if it is still there or not.

Prairie Sound has a 2 valve King Flugal.

DCPFAN...thanks much. I do have a REAL flugel, which I got when one of my fantasy dreams came true:

“A Friggin’ Flugelhorne!”

Okay, I know that it's somewhat juvenile, but I really need to share this with the only people I know of who'd appreciate my total surprise and wonderment when I was handed a gift bag with an airplane take-on, weighty, but compact piece of luggage inside of it. Could it be the Super Deluxe, Grand Master Engineer Roebling Erector set that only proud, tie-wearing, pipe-smoking fathers gave their blonde/red-haired, toothy-smiling, freckle-faced male offspring nearly fifty Christmases ago? Had my time actually come, now that I could enjoy it more (or less) in this early stage of inevitable senility?

But Erector sets of Verrazano Bridge capability came in aptly befitting steel containers. This was not the case-- my dreams of suspension would have to be suspended. For now, I was confronted with the plasticized metal Yamaha tag on the exterior of the very serious brown, genuine, imitation, mock Naugahyde luggage. I am frozen. The familiar, friendly, family voices call to their fatuous member in a fait accompli phalanx: “Open it, stupid!” I defer to their dictum, and unclasp the shiny locks. Bright chrome reflects the sparkle from last-minute-half-price lights from the open-24-hours-Walgreen’s.

“A friggin’ flugelhorn!” I repeat the same phrase five times more. To be certain, this rivals the "Christmas Story" elation/euphoria of any Red Ryder BB rifle-- and, unless I am really, really careless, it will take an extraordinary effort to take out my eye with a flugelhorn. As the fifth incantation ends, we cut to Chuck Mangione at Lincoln Center:

"And now, on flugelhorn, my main man, from Brooklyn, New York..." Coolly, suavely, I offer a small, one-handed, Pope-like wave to the adoring, anarchically applauding audience. Bouquets and single red roses are tossed. Chuck has his arm over my shoulder, and we raise our horns in salute to the benediction of bravos. “...my paisan,...’”

“Hell-o-o-o! Are you still with us?” Reality --maybe. “Well, what do you think? It isn’t new. You know how much a new flugelhorn costs. ”With grail-like reverence, I remove the sacred entity from its velvet embedded tabernacle. Kneeling ( I’m already there) with priestly devotion, I raise it to eye level.

(Soliloquy) “New? Why should it be new? Was Aladdin’s lamp new? Weren’t Dorothy’s shoes ‘second foot?”

Once again I intone the enchanted words that transmute all that I am into all that I ...

“A friggin’ flugelhorne!”

“ ...give it up for Brooklyn Mario!”

Merry Christmas!

(I will look again on eBay.....mario)

• Like 1

Mario, recruit a whole section.

I have FIVE chrome KING K-60 G French Horn Bugles here, on consignment. All have cases, condition VG or good.

These horns play well. I cannot say the same about the 2-piston Dynastys, which have a number of design flaws. The Dynastys are largely responsible for the demise of the species.

Anyone genuinely interested, message me on this forum.

HORNS......please excuse the sheer stupidity. They ARE 2 valve? OK...you can reach me at:

BklynMario@aol.com

Delicate question....how much? Or, in Caballero-speak: ¿Cuánto cuestan?