Looking for Marching Baritones or Marching Euphoniums

Carrie

Hi, my high school band director is looking for 2 Bb marching baritones or euphoniums. Currently, we've got flugelbones, and they're just not working for us anymore. Actual baritones or euphoniums would provide so much more volume and better tone. We're not looking for American Baritones or more flugelbones (ugh... been there, done that!), just straight up marching baritones or euphoniums. The only issue is that our budget is about $600 per instrument. The price may or may not be negotiable. However, I am not in control of our finances, so I'd have to talk with my band director if we found something suitable for us that was out of price range. We'd prefer silver finish instruments versus gold lacquer, but pretty much anything is better than what we have now. Of course, we are very open to used instruments due to our low budget. If there are dents, scratches, places where the finish is missing, or other imperfections, that's fine as long as they still look mostly decent. We can always get them refinished and cleaned up if needed. Does anyone have two marching baritones or marching euphoniums in decent, playable condition with decent tone that they'd be willing to let go for close to $600 or less per piece? Thanks!

Edited by Carrie