The drum corps community's favorite movie is getting a sequel!

....and a tv show as well.

It's official y'all!

....Nick validates some rumors about a project of his that longtime fans of the triple threat will be super happy to hear: “Drumline 2″ is in the works, y’all! Is it too meta to request a marching band to celebrate the news?

In the video, C Tha God asks Nick if there’s any truth to the gossip that he’s planning a follow-up film to his 2002 flick, “Drumline.” Nick admits that the sequel question comes up often, and takes the opportunity to drop some big news. “I can announce it now,” he says. “It’s officially happening.” Man, Charlamagne really knows how to get inside people’s heads!

Since 12 years have passed since the original film premiered, though, Nick admits he has no intention of acting like a college kid in the sequel. “I’m not in it,” he insists, adding that he’s only planning to produce, and even hopes to take “Drumline” to the airwaves, as well.

“My whole goal is to do the ‘Drumline’ TV show,” he says. So, when is the Nick Cannon Network launching?

Check out the video from the interview here: http://remotecontrol.mtv.com/2014/01/29/charlamagne-and-friends-nick-cannon-drumline-2-sneak-peek/

I was teaching middle school at the time, and the amount of kids who joined band to play percussion because of DRUMLINE was impressive. Unfortunately most of them would've rather played a little sumthin' sumthin' and weren't super interested in mallets, aux. percussion, etc. But there were plenty of kids who stuck around to become reliable percussionists in the MS & HS band