Glendora, CA, June 28, 2014

Thanks as well for this post and the really great pictures! I was there along with you and agree with most of the things you said; however, I do have to disagree about BD's show. To me, it was one of the most inventive and well-played things I have seen on the field in a long time. I know they have a lot of "clutter" with their props, but I think all of that will get cleaned up as the season progresses. I thought their guard was completely amazing and I didn't feel the show was incoherent at all. I am an ex-Broadway performer and loved all of the music from Nine and the fun Fellini theme! I am SO thankful they have a crowd-friendly show this year. I loved the Re-Rite of Spring, but yes, yes, yes, it wasn't audience friendly at all (one of the most difficult things I have ever heard - but not audience friendly!). A good move for them this year.

SCV to me, and I am also a huge fan of theirs, played extremely well and their guard was very good, but, honestly, it sounded like something that could have been heard 10 years ago. There wasn't anything really creative or innovative about it. I do hope the show continues to grow - I'm always pulling for them to do well.

I also agree about the cheesy narration!! Ugh.

I am very excited about BD and the Cadets meeting up!! Let the games begin!

• Like 1