Spirit of Atlanta 1986

How did I end up oin the historical junior section ?

....without your spell check? :poke: I was going to put it there, but most people go here.

86 Spirit is one of my all time fave's. Brass really kicked some butt that year. I still remember the impact made by the brass line as they reached full volume at the start of the last spiritual (forget the name) peice.

God's Tryin' to Tell You Somethin' (Color Poiple). Loud does not equal good. Oof, they were hurting to find centers of tone across the board. But it's still one of my favorite shows for a purely entertaining reason. (And they made me start paying attention to color guards.)

....without your spell check? :poke: I was going to put it there, but most people go here.

God's Tryin' to Tell You Somethin' (Color Poiple). Loud does not equal good. Oof, they were hurting to find centers of tone across the board. But it's still one of my favorite shows for a purely entertaining reason. (And they made me start paying attention to color guards.)

Some amazing licks all through Sweet Georgia Brown. One of my favorite shows! Love the judge rocking out at the beginning of the show on camera.

• 3 weeks later...

Alan. That would be ginger ! And as your wife she has to be great She and I marched together before spirit. We spent several long trips w momma hodges on spirit camp weekends

It's from a Manhattan Transfer version of that tune

Words to be the best of my memory were

"Flat dat bottle oot, skeet zoot za bottle oot, Flappy, za ba da doo dah hands are flappin'

Ba do bah doot daht deet daht doot daht, shoot the liqour to me John boy"

Look up "That Cat is High" and Manhattan Transfer and you'll hear the original even more extended version of that scat singing segment.

It's from a Manhattan Transfer version of that tune

Words to be the best of my memory were

"Flat dat bottle oot, skeet zoot za bottle oot, Flappy, za ba da doo dah hands are flappin'

Ba do bah doot daht deet daht doot daht, shoot the liqour to me John boy"

Look up "That Cat is High" and Manhattan Transfer and you'll hear the original even more extended version of that scat singing segment.