Maxtone horns

DRAGON887

there are a few of these up on e bay right now and my mother bid on a concert bari for me (my holiday gift) and i was just wonderign if anyone has any comments about this type of horn. its a beautiful looking horn but how do they play? i know for 100 dollars it isnt gonna be the best horn but is it worth it?

• 1 year later...

I looked at those as well. Looks very cheap, and the brand is almost unknown to horn ppl. tell me if u find anything out

there are a few of these up on e bay right now and my mother bid on a concert bari for me (my holiday gift) and i was just wonderign if anyone has any comments about this type of horn.  its a beautiful looking horn but how do they play?  i know for 100 dollars it isnt gonna be the best horn but is it worth it?

They've been around. Not as bad as the stuff coming out of India but at best a student to advance student model horn.The biggest problem with them is consistancy.One lot of horns is okay another lot very good.

I personally have not owned one, but have played a bunch at local new and used musical instrument shops aroung Pittsburgh.

Buy cheap if interested.

Good luck,

Jeff