Cavalier Alums In RA

Dave Scott

The Chicago Royal-Airs have alums from over 50 different corps in our ranks. This season we have a number of Cavaliers in the snare line.

Skip Swoverland (70 - 72) RA Percussion Caption Head '04

Paul Milano (70, 72-76)

Bill Morgan (75-76)

Paul Leo (68 - 74)

Don McWhorter (66-74)

Joe Balzer (74-76)

The other snares are Rich Meyer (Fox Valley Raiders) and Ed Honda (RA 65-68).

Former Freelancers caption head, Donny Silva, is writing the drum book this year.

Next camp is January 24th and 25th. Thompson Junior Hight School

440 Boulder Hill Pass

Oswego, IL

There's still openings in all sections. Stop by and check out all the new music!

WWW.ROYALAIRS.ORG

Glad to get the write-up about all the Cavaliers in the Royal Airs snare line this year. Please allow a couple corrections.

We currently have 11 guys trying out for the snare line. All those mentioned already, plus Ray Mietus (marched with us last year, former Carolina Crown - he's our "young pup"), a gentleman from the Blue Notes, whom I have not yet met, and don't remember his name (though I'm told he's got great hands!!), and Hector Mancini, also a very good player with tons of experience in many different lines.

And, we have one or two other guys we're still recruiting, in an effort to put out the best 10-man snare line we can. It WILL be fun.

We also are shooting for a great 8-man single tenor line (which, I've heard, will also be playing snare parts a couple times during the show - for a total of 18 snares!!!).

It's gonna' be fun seeing who winds up where, and just how great we can be.

I better get back to practicing now . . .