Lewisburg DCA

Great job to all the corps who performed at Lewisburg.

I am a member of the Carolina Gold tenorline and this was my first drum corp show ever.

Of coure the jitters or whatever you may call it were there, but I know I am not the only one who had them.

It is only the beginning of the competition season, I am looking forward to seeing how all the corps progress, especially heatwave and corpvets since Gold will be seeing them a lot.

And to all my Phi Mu Alpha Sinfornia brothers out there, All Hail!

C-ya later

Mike

Hey, someone else from Tidewater! (Do they still call it that?)

It was my first drum corps show too, and it was quite an experience. I'm glad I was able to meet Dave Sroka in your Mellophone Line. It was his CG recruiting efforts that eventually led me to Heat Wave.

See you in two weeks and best of luck,

Edited by crpowell

Hey, someone else from Tidewater! (Do they still call it that?)

It was my first drum corps show too, and it was quite an experience.  I'm glad I was able to meet Dave Sroka in your Mellophone Line.  It was his CG recruiting efforts that eventually led me to Heat Wave.

See you in two weeks and best of luck,

Actually, they call it Hampton Roads now. I'm just glad that I got someone else interested in Senior corps, even if it wasn't mine. See you guys in Georgia.

P.S. Holy crap, you didn't tell me you went to Kempsville! That's where I went to High School too.

Edited by Dasro_Kast

Yeah, Mike King was my band director my Junior and Senior year of High School, after Bill Pease left. And yeah, I had Mr. Brewington in middle school. Man, that guy knew how to teach young kids music. And I always thought they sounded better called the Tidewater Tides than the Norfolk Tides.

Edited by Dasro_Kast

as long as we're with tidewater peeps, add me to the list. too bad the closest corps are long drives away...

Churchland HS marching band 99-02 (percussion)

JMU Marching band 03-0? (Tuba)

Edited by Jamon98

And I havent heard it called Tidwater since the Mets AAA teams was the Tidewater Tides...

OK, now I feel old. :worthy: I haven't lived up there in 10 years. I do remember when The Tidewater Tides became the Norfolk Tides and they opened Harbor Park.

Dave, It's a small world, isn't it? Mark Reimer was the director when I was there. Back then there was a Sr. Corps called the Southern Knights or something, but I don't think that they were around for very long.

See you in Rockmart & Good Luck,

As a member of the Southern Nights, I can attest to them not being around for very long. Pease was the perc caption the year we had a decent line also. By the way, Pete W. was also a member of that corps as well as a couple of guys marching with the Yankee Rebs and at least one drunk Indian contra named Doc...