Giants Stadium Review

Only problem I had with the Bluecoats when I saw them in San Antonio was that the ballad dragged a bit and it seemed like the whole piece was played to the backfield (and that got lost somewhere on the other side of the dome).  The up-tempo parts, though, were pretty darned fun. :)  (That is, the other 9 minutes of the show!)

Mike

I could see how you thought that in a dome. Acoustically, in the cement stands I saw the show at, it was stunning, but still room to clean up the expression.

Hopefully reviews from tonight will be a little more positive, I really did think this would be a fan-favorite this year, but we'll have to wait and see, like always.

And the drill? Mitch's drill kicks ###... he's a very intelligent drill writer and knows how to use speed for effect, not just for speed like some of the others. His drill hardly ever needs serious re-writes, its good the first time out. (Unlike the drill writer for my high school band, whos drill I have to spend the weekend re-writing so the guard staff doesn't kill the director next week <**>

Blue Coats- I like the new uniforms.  I think that the guard is the best part of this corps.  They have 7 contras or tubas whichever they have and it does not make for a balanced sound. In my opinion they have a lot of tone color issues because the low brass is trying to over play the horns. They have some interesting visual stuff but nothing amazing. Their guard really does steal the show.  Many side to side issues due to poor visual design.

Phantom........................................  they have a wonderful sound and really were amazing. 

Bluecoats beat phantom's brass.... with 7 contras compared to their 12...

But i guess they ARE phantom... so any "tone color" issues might be overlooked... and thats fair because i like phantom too.