Houston Review

GE seems to be becoming the "reward the design team" caption for creativeness / or "cutting edge" approach rather than effectiveness of the actual program in the real world.

Rather than effectiveness of the actual program in the real world.

What does this statement mean...what is the real world, and the effectiveness on who? The judges, the fans, the hot dog vendors? I have no idea what you are talking about? I hope you are not talking about volume, or your ability to relate to what the corps is playing, that has no bearing...

Guest GeorgeD

No, of course not. The "real world" is meant as the effectiveness of the program as a live performance vehicle / performance piece - rather than judging it as some exercise in design. This has nothing to do with volume or song selection - but not as a measure of "entertainment value" (like you ask "to who") but rather as effectiveness.

Perhaps we should start a thread in the main forum discussing the GE Music issue? GD

Perhaps we should start a thread in the main forum discussing the GE Music issue? GD

Been there done that :P

I believe TXMysteaux is not implying that the fan reaction should decide the GE caption, but rather that the GE score should judge the effectiveness of the program while considering its impact on the audience as portion of that. GE seems to be becoming the "reward the design team" caption for creativeness / or "cutting edge" approach rather than effectiveness of the actual program in the real world.

Thanks George for putting it in a way that I was not able to. You said exactly what my brain was thinking.

I hope you are not talking about volume, or your ability to relate to what the corps is playing, that has no bearing...

But it should, don't you think? You talk like relating to the audience is a bad thing.