Working musicians

Couldn't find the original thread....and I know there's been many on this subject, but I wanted to pass along this bit from Wayne Bergeron's site. "Waynard" was a sop player when I taught the 71 Lynwood, CA, Diplomats brass line: on Ken Kobold's recording of 71 Houston AL Nationals (they're announced as being sponsored by the Hollywood American Legion Post), you can hear Wayne's double high C at the end of the show.....he was no older than 14 at the time but already possessing some spectacular chops!

This is from his current schedule page.....and this was just back in January!

January: Current Motion Pictures for 2004 White Chicks, Anchorman, The Greatest Game ever Played, The Day After Tomorrow, The Notebook, The Incredibles, Spiderman 2, Starsky & Hutch, 3 Musketeers, Mickeys Twice upon Christmas, The Life Aquatic

January: Current CD recordings & other Ray Chrales, Lorraine Feather, Ellis Hall, Chantz, 2004 Grammy Awards, 2004 Golden Globe Awards,Super Bowl National Anthem W/Beyonce, Snow White the Musical Sound track, Tokyo Disney pre records, Universal Studios pre records

Barnes & Nobel's site lists about 200 albums that Wayne has played on....he's still the first to call for musical projects in the Los Angeles area....he's a great trumpet player, a high note artist who actually plays in tune, a fine clinician and a great guy as well.....married to a hot (in both senses of the word!) female trumpet player.....you'll have to go to www.waynebergeron.com to see Deb's picture.

RON HOUSLEY

See, there's my name right

there on Wayne's "You Call

This A Living?" CD, way down in

the 'Additional Thanks' section:

right there with Kanstul, Bill

Reichenbach, Jack Sheldon and a

a bunch of famous people. I'm

humbled to be in such company.

Yeah, he can. Wayne Bergeron is definately for real and I am more than happy for his sucess in the biz. One of the sweetest charts on his solo CD "You Call This A Living?" is the Tom Kubis arrangement of "Laura."

Another thing I like about Wayne's playing is that in the high register he actually plays in tune!

RON HOUSLEY