Legacy DVDs Deal Still Active?

GmenBari78

Is the buy 5 (or however many, can't remember it), get 6 deal on legacy DVDs at DCI still active, or have they discontinued it? I'd like to know so I can decide to save some more or go ahead and buy with the cash I've got.

Im pretty sure it is...Last time I emailed them and asked it was..But I would prolly just shoot them a line and ask.

What I was told is that you order 6 and it will give the price as if you were ordering 6 with no deal. But when they go to bill you they only bill for 5..

But like I said I would just double check with them before I did

Im pretty sure it is...Last time I emailed them and asked it was..But I would prolly just shoot them a line and ask.

What I was told is that you order 6 and it will give the price as if you were ordering 6 with no deal. But when they go to bill you they only bill for 5..

Thanks for the info - I emailed dcistore@dci.org and got an immediate reply, here it is:

"We do still have the deal. WE will adjust the price of the 6th DVD, when

downloaded, to the free one."

I think the reply meant "ordered online", not "downloaded", but that's not critical to the answer.

Yes it's still on, my hubby and I bought the deal a couple of weeks ago. However, had I known the production of the 1995 was so crappy, I would've picked another year.

Heads up, 95-98 were not produced by Tom Blair.

Also, isn't it amazing how fast of a response you get from DCI when you are buying something and asking a question about their products as opposed to other issues you may question them about?

:worthy:

...isn't it amazing how fast of a response you get from DCI when you are buying something and asking a question about their products as opposed to other issues you may question them about?

:worthy:

Actually, no, not amazing, just reality. Think about it, which would you want to respond to first, someone who wants to give you money, or someone who wants to tell you what you are doing wrong? Its just human nature, and we are all like that. Plus, you are probably not talking to the same person/dept answering the two questions - one person/dept for sales, another for fan interaction/questions/etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info - I emailed dcistore@dci.org and got an immediate reply, here it is:

"We do still have the deal. WE will adjust the price of the 6th DVD, when

downloaded, to the free one."

I think the reply meant "ordered online", not "downloaded", but that's not critical to the answer.

I did this order for "buy 5 get 6" last week, and here's my experience of buying online at DCI - the order goes through looking like you are paying for 6, with no indication that they are giving you any kind of discount anywhere on the screen (however, its not a real-time charge). When they do the actual charge and send you a confirmation via email, then you see the discount. So if you do this, don't get freaked out about the extra cost on the screen, it will go away when then complete the transaction later on.