I have never played eather of these horns

what do you think is a better horn

king k-90 2 valve

dynasty 4 valve

(wilson valves)

need some imput on positives and negitives on these two horns

thanks

Bryan

I've marched both...the King's a really good horn, but unfortunately the balance isn't that good; it's very front heavy, like a lot of 2v horns. The Dynasty 4v also has that problem as well, but the solution is simple: get a leadpipe from one of the 4/4 3v horns and use it instead of the wider one that comes with the Dynasty, and the balance improves quite a bit. Playing-wise, the King's a little freer-feeling but it's easier to maintain control at all dynamic levels on the Dynasty, IMO.

I've marched both...the King's a really good horn, but unfortunately the balance isn't that good; it's very front heavy, like a lot of 2v horns.  The Dynasty 4v also has that problem as well, but the solution is simple: get a leadpipe from one of the 4/4 3v horns and use it instead of the wider one that comes with the Dynasty, and the balance improves quite a bit.  Playing-wise, the King's a little freer-feeling but it's easier to maintain control at all dynamic levels on the Dynasty, IMO.

dude when did you march the king Bs never had those we always had the pea shooter degs

I also heard that the 4 valve was more back heavey then front??!!

where are you playing the 4 valve

I am trying to decide between buying a k90 and a 4 valve deg

hmmm decisions hey are you marching sr corps this summer ???

me and nick are both

later

F.C.O.

Butler

I got to put a K90 through the paces in two Mardi Gras parades, and the difference in balance between it and the Kanstul 3v I used for the first part of 03 is pretty obvious, although they're about the same weight. I got to use the 4v DEG the second half of 03; we borrowed one from Decorah Kilties. I'm marching Frontier this year, and we're looking to buy at least one or two 4v DEGs from Southwind (they were selling them for $1000).

Edited by bluestarcontra

Heh...I remember they used it one year, like 02 or something. Ray got them to lend it to us in 03. They have (had?) a very wide collection of instruments you would never think of them owning, like marching French horns, flugelhorns, and I think even a piccolo sop.

yah dude I taught there in 98

anyways all of those contra are gone so you might want to edit you post so they dont get a bunch of calls

anyways where are you living now ? and what do you do to pay this bills these days ???

later

Butler

Ah, hope we got at least one of them.

I'm down in the Dallas area now. Most of my cash comes from teaching lessons (this year I've had like 13 students at two schools, but I've picked up three more schools for next year), and I've also had a work-study job in the main office in the music building at UNT. I'm also sharpening up my arranging skills on a lot of brass quintet and hornline stuff, and teaching a couple corps.

cool man

I work for Hal Leonard music publishing now it is cool

are you going to the Blue Stars octoberfest parade ? I know me nick rich are going to be so far

are you going to be dca if so we should have a beer or ten when we are up there

later

Butler

I'm definitely going to be at DCA; we'll have to get together. I'm planning on coming up to Oktoberfest whether the alumni corps happens or not; if it doesn't, I may do the Chiefs Alumni Band just for fun.