King K-90 Contra

LowBrassman

The Emerald Knights had 4 K-90s when I joined in 1983. I'm not sure if they had them in '82 or not - I don't think so. Those horns followed me to the Knights in '85, then returned to EK in 86, so the Knights had to go back to their Ultratone P/Rs. Not sure where they are now, but I believe the Knights of 1991 (combined EK & Knights) had them. Awesome horns.

I marched with the K-90 in '89. Body almost went into shock.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm marching the Houston Thanksgiving Day parade with a K-90 tomorrow. Watch on TV!

Go to GCS's site. We got pictures of us using the K-90s last season.

Edited by G_Bass

:ph34r:

Let's see if I can get these to send. Will try individually. Pics are from '84 VK and '86 SCV

VKcbs84a.jpg

Atlanta DCI Finals #5 (Big Dale aka "Orchestra Geek") and #10 ("Band Geek") are Kings!

B) Worked!

VKcbs841a.jpg

Note #5 (that's me!) and no hat on until stepoff. Also note the red velcro, which held our sharkfins and the bulky jackets, where we had our fins tucked in.

NBCchimes84a.jpg

VK at Pacific Procession, #5 is now #4 (before we added the other 2 contras) the King and just off the 50 yardline--FOUR!!!!!

GWash86a.jpg

The SCV 86 CBs section picture, Doug Smith section leader. PRICELESS!!!

and it Really ###### off Gail Royer (sorry St. Gail!). That's me, striking an "operatic pose" with sword in hand. :P

^0^

SCVcbs06a.jpg

Note the perfect armswing young CBs/ Tubas! Smitty reminded me of that pic all year "oh yeah, look at Dale with the perfect armswing--urgh!"

:(

auldman86a.jpg

My ageout picture at Camp Randall in Madison.

Right to left, a very young Jim Barany, myself, Marc Goffstein and my little buddy Alejandro Valcazar. Jim was DM of Renegades last year.

Note kids--you *DID NOT* get your green ageout feather until the Parade of Champions and banquet!!!

noshoes86a.jpg

Playing our concert of "Great Gate of Kiev" to the 86 champion Blue Devils. Note the one ageout with no shoes on (sorry Rick South, IT'S A KILT THING!!!). I wish I had a picture of the shoes, with that MacLeod Kilt garter and poem, "An Epitaph to an Old Shoe" laying there. I also wish I had a picture of Rick South going off on me and me saying "sorry, guess you can kick me out now".

I remember the BD boys jumping up and down and spiking their shakos. To quote another famous SCV CB from Ohio, my good friend and Phi Mu Alpha brother Dave Beck "Dale, you just won DCI there--they would have never done that for us".