OC captures 2nd in Georgia despite crappy field!

DITTO!!!

Some judge told OC he didn't think they knew what they were doing?!?!!

So they quietly went back to their rehearsal and after donning their uniforms, the vets slipped THEIR DIV III CHAMPIONSHIP!! rings on their fingers and showed GA judges they DO know what they're doing.

Nothin' wrong with a little pride!!

Brass-2nd only to Spartans!! Can't beat that!

Proud OC #1 Flag Mom and not deterred by the naysayers!

Don't forget OC's rockin bass line either!! See you all in Providence!!

Dale's Dad (OC 2nd Bass Dad)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey OC fans, this is Shawn!

The Bass Line is SMOKIN! Nothin but good stuff coming from the staff!

Dale's Dad you ROCK!!!!

OC has a couple much needed days this week to clean and polish everything up for that final run into New England. They are doing well and have made me completely proud all year long. Keep on Fightin' OC!!

Shawn

Hey OC fans, this is Shawn!

The Bass Line is SMOKIN!  Nothin but good stuff coming from the staff! 

Dale's Dad you ROCK!!!!

OC has a couple much needed days this week to clean and polish everything up for that final run into New England.  They are doing well and have made me completely proud all year long.  Keep on Fightin' OC!!

Shawn

Right on! Shawn!

I'm so glad I started this thread...now y'all are talkin' the talk!!

do the kids know we're here?

Just once, before finals, I am going to try and follow him with my eyes (and camera?) the whole show.  But I have never been able to do it before.  Not in four years of band, and not in this, his third year of DCI and OC.  Something always happens..."oh, look at Chris!  He shouldered his horn and is about to.....mmmmm!  Rifles!"

OK, so here is the technical question de jour....Being that this is my kid's first experience at finals, will there be a tape made of the perfromances??? If there is, I can just stare at my son b**bs and know that I can see the rest later!

Also, has anyone given any thought to getting the OC parents together in MA before/after the compitition?

Get er done OC~!!!

You should be able to get the performances on DVD and or tape. You should be able to order them at the competition and probably even online after the fact. they are usually pretty good about including the little guys and send a crew to tape the 2/3 stuff.

shawn

OK, so here is the technical question de jour....Being that this is my kid's first experience at finals,  will there be a tape made of the perfromances??? If there is, I can just stare at my son  b**bs and know that I can see the rest later!

Also, has anyone given any thought to getting the OC parents together in MA before/after the compitition?

Get er done OC~!!!

DCI has DVD's and CD's available for pre-order. Is that enough alphabet soup for you? I've already preordered mine <g> I never get tired of listening to OC, especially my son's opening solo.

Link - http://storebeta.dci.org/dci/stores/1/cate...Category_ID=80&

Edited by Emerald

ARGH! I can't BELIEVE :beer: Sean :blink: shows up in here...and does not answer the question of WHERE IS :beer::blink: OC :beer::blink: STAYING FOR FINALS?

Div 1 and div 2/3 venues are probably 30-50 miles apart. The original div 2/3 venue looks like it was another 30-50 miles away. So unless you moved your accomidations when the div 2/3 finals moved, you could be 60-100 miles from the div 1 competition. Probably not, but how are we supposed to know? It would be nice to get a place in the middle.

*sigh*

A shout out to Samantha Harts' mom! Yes, 'tis me. b**bs

OK, so here is the technical question de jour....Being that this is my kid's first experience at finals,  will there be a tape made of the perfromances??? If there is, I can just stare at my son  b**bs and know that I can see the rest later!

Get er done OC~!!!

That would be fun. Anyone else willing to divulge what hotel they will be staying in? Kathy and I have not made reservations yet... *sigh*

The two sights are not 30-50 miles apart. If you search hard enough on mapquest you can find route going to back roads that will get you there in like 30 minutes tops. Also I know of Div 1 corps that are staying in NH and on the cape which are at least an hour and a half away from Foxboro.