Moving Words From Excelsior Member Shows...

"So once, a REALLY long time ago, I marched in drum corps. Played Trips in the Volunteer D&BC Drum line and then merged like everyone else to Avant Garde- I transitioned into the horn line then - SOP.

It was a great time in my life and I missed it !

Today - 20 + years later, Excelsior begins to evolve. You think, It was so long since I've played, My job, My kids, My... Oh, I don't have the time. My family will kill me if i do one more thing. Well.....

I am here to tell you that is just not true !!!! I have 5 Childern ages 16,14,10,6,5 - I own 2 businesses and a 5000sq ft home. And I have found the time. Not only have I found the time, but, I can still play the horn - even after 20 years. NOW 2 of my boys are in the Drum line and 1 is in the horn line - and now the stories I remember about drum corps - I can now share in reality with my family. My husband is even considering joining.

In short, If you loved it then and you day dream about the old times even once, you will figure out how to make the time - because remember in life there are only 2 things to keep close - " Live each day to the fullest, it is a gift and we know this. That is why it is called the present" AND Remember life isn't about what you need or will be more comfortable when you get it, It's about the journey."

By a member of Excelsior Drum & Bugle Corps Brass Line.