CAROLINA CROWN

This was my first viewing of Crowns show....I had always missed themthis year live, but the past few years, I really have enjoyed their product.

That being said.........my first viewing of Angelus made me yearn for more!

The quiet intro was nice and built very well......and then when the corps came in....HOLY CRAP that was the most beautiful sound of the night FROM ANY CORPS THAT I HEARD! I could not believe my ears...it was so lush, intune, balanced....felt like rich velvetity chocolate!

Then in the middle of the show the little intro by the mellophones!!!!! BEAUTIFUL......best mello line in DCI imo.

It was so refreshing to hear that after many -a- corps that sounded like they were trying to rip the bells of their horns backwards and blotched solos.

:wall: AMAZING JOB CROWN :ph34r:

the only thing I didnt like was the ending..it wasn't in your face or very exciting...kind of like three 4's tilted to the left.........their ending i believe is what is holding them back from madison

(i didnt get to see boston due to a long consession stand at intermission, so i cant comment there- maybe some insight?)

If Crown keeps doing what they are doing and tweaking here and there....I think they will be the next blue- moving up to challang and shake up the top 5