To the marching members of DCI 2005...

Thank you for another memorable season. You've accomplished things that most people never dream of even attempting. You've pushed past mediocrity and done something special and amazing with your lives while others your age were out wasting their lives away. You've learned to push past what you thought you could do, you've stepped past boundaries that most never even come close to. Don't ever forget these things, don't forget the feeling of pushing past what you thought you could do for something greater and seek it in the things you do in your everyday lives. Be great. Live every moment with the integrity you've learned and teach by example.

To those who have more marching years ahead, think back on what you did this summer and be happy about what you've accomplished. Once you've done that, look forward to making next year better. Work hard and don't let down in the off-season. Take your experience and make next season exactly what you want it to be. To the age outs, be proud of your drum corps career. Don't ever forget the great things you've seen and experienced. You've learned some great lessons about life, take the time to reflect and ponder them. Take the things you've learned and apply them in your daily lives. Live well, be an example to the world, and go out and teach others what you've learned. Never forget.

So would anyone else like to add their words of wisdom and support? I'd love to see lots of messages to the members of 2005 for when they return. :)

Thank you all for a truly memorable summer. Take pride in your accomplishments ... joy in the family and friends you made ... and remember the high spots. Each and every one of you have brought music, spectacle and electricity of performance to people throughout these United States. A simple "thanks" isn't enough ... atta boy/girl ... Godspeed and God Bless.

:worthy:

Be glad to.

My first championships after aging out was quite the memorable one, and all of the members of the 2005 edition of DCI should be commended for their successes and their hard work. The entertainment value was through the roof, and I would especially like to thank the Bluecoats, the Crossmen, and the Capital Regiment for bringing that wonderful emotion of tears to my eyes this championships week.

As an alumni of the Capital Regiment, nothing made me more proud than when you guys hit the maestoso in the opener on semifinals day. Truly something magical. I'm getting choked up just remembering it. The Crossmen put on a semifinals performance that was just so far above and beyond any emotional performance I've seen in a really long time from a drum corps, and watching Becky Terry give her last interview also brought tears to my eyes. And finally, the Bluecoats on finals night - what a solid performance and an absolutely magnificent ensemble sound. To Allaina Sines, one of my very best friends in the world - I am so very proud of you and the things you've accomplished this year as a member of the Bluecoats. :)

To Esperanza - thank you for giving me my first "holy crap" moment of the week with your very first impact. Awesome job.

To Southwind - thank you for my very first goosebumps of the week with your first impact. Not to mention some of the best general effect of the year. Fabulous.

To every single one of the members of the division 1 of DCI - thank you for bringing me to my feet this week. Whether it was at the end, or midway through, or after an awesome section, you had me on my feet at least once throughout your show. Congratulations and thank you for making me remember how great it was to be a spectator, and how much I truly love this activity and the time I spent in it.

I just wanted to bump this back up now that everyone is home from tour. :)