Northern Light

RIYAA

***Official Announcement ***

Northern Light, Rhode Island's newest and only junior drum corps in almost 30 years is now online at www.riyaa.org/northernlight and accepting new members for our 2005-2006 season.

Get in on the ground floor and make Rhode Island Drum Corps History!

Visit our website today!!!

"Avito Viret Honore!"

(He flourishes on the honor of his ancestors!)

Edited by RIYAA

Wow! Congrats and good luck! :)

***Official Announcement ***

Northern Light, Rhode Island's newest and only junior drum corps in almost 30 years is now online at www.riyaa.org/northernlight and accepting new members for our 2005-2006 season. 

Get in on the ground floor and make Rhode Island Drum Corps History!

Visit our website today!!!

"Avito Viret Honore!"

(He flourishes on the honor of his ancestors!)

BUMP!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow- a brand new corps that has 2 staff members listed and no existing personnel is having auditions? Wouldn't it be more logical to invite potential members to come down and be a part of the organization?

bump :rolleyes:

Audition packages are about to be mailed out so don't be late, get you interest from completed today by going online to the

Northern Light Memebership Page

Wow- a brand new corps that has 2 staff members listed and no existing personnel is having auditions? Wouldn't it be more logical to invite potential members to come down and be a part of the organization?

hhmmm.. so negative.. I coudl rip you apart or just be nice about it....

But usually when a corps says audition packet, it's just warmups and exercises, things you need for camp, and it would be wise to audition the members for parts. Ever look at it that way?

So is this Northern Light of any relation to the old Northen Lights, the summer band that was almost a drum corps? I've heard things about them, but I don't really know the complete history. I'll have to look it up. What I do know is that they now run an AMAZING winter guard program.

Good luck to you your corps this season!

So is this Northern Light of any relation to the old Northen Lights, the summer band that was almost a drum corps? I've heard things about them, but I don't really know the complete history. I'll have to look it up. What I do know is that they now run an AMAZING winter guard program.

Good luck to you your corps this season!

I suspect there's no relation. This start-up drum corps is based out of RI, and Northern Lights winterguard (which stems from the folded Northern Lights marching band of which you're thinking) is based out of WA.