To aid in the ability to give The Best in Performance

ALSO

Additional Instructional and Writing Staff

Color Guard Program with Dedicated Staff

Visual Program with Dedicated Staff

New Look (Uniforms)

Modern up-to-date look designed with 2007 in mind

More Prestigious Performances and Appearances

Come join us and X out your spot for 2006 as we grow...

EVER UPWARD!

Edited by Skylander

u guys gonna do ex. at some dca shows this year?

u guys gonna do ex. at some dca shows this year?

There were attempts made to do exhibitions at 2 DCA shows this year (2005).

But due to a lot of overhead of getting rights to music etc etc etc etc

- we chose to not participate.

Plans are to try and do a few shows and possibly a minicorps in Rochester.

All plans of course are subject to change. Many of us are anxious to get

out there. We just want to be sure the time is right and not jump the gun.

Thanks for your interest. We are definitely heading that way.

Dano b**bs

PS

We have a few things remaining in 2005 to do:

Fall Foliage Parade on 10/2 in North Adams, MA (THIS SUNDAY!!!) 1PM stepoff

Columbus Day Parde on 10/9 in Albany, NY

Come out and cheer us on!!!!

//THIS WEEKS HAPPENINGS//

Rehearsal tonight at WHHS Elem. Gym 7pm

Rehearsal/Coin Drive Saturday

Parade Sunday

Edited by skymello2

Good Luck, Excelsior!!! Hope to see you out there sometime in 2006! Great Corps name....and I also love your "catch phrase" about where you're located! "Original & Creative"!

Good Luck, Excelsior!!! Hope to see you out there sometime in 2006! Great Corps name....and I also love your "catch phrase" about where you're located! "Original & Creative"!
Brenda,

As the author of the catch phrase I want to personally thank you for your comments.

When we first began organizing our new drum corps, we incorporated in Albany, NY. However, we didn't want to give the impression that we were just a local corps from New York's Capital Region. Although we are primarily based in the Capital Region, the organizational efforts included individuals from outside this region, especially the Berkshires. We felt that it was important to recognize their contributions and those who would become a future part of the organizaation. So the catch phrase was designed with that in mind and to establish that these regions are very much a part of what we are.

You may also be interested to know that our name Excelsior was first suggested by a Drum Corps Planet poster and was chosed from over 100 different suggestions we received. The choice was almost unanimious with only one vote for another name... that being Quest!

Again thanks for your comments! :ph34r:

OKAY YES IT WAS ME... I VOTED FOR QUEST.

---SORRY----I still like QUEST!!!! At the time, I didn't know it was in use by corps in NYC and in GB.....

But.....

:blink: E X C E L S I O R it is!!!!!! C O M E J O I N U S ! ! ! ! ! ! !

:P

Edited by skymello2

Brenda,

As the author of the catch phrase I want to personally thank you for your comments.

When we first began organizing our new drum corps, we incorporated in Albany, NY. However, we didn't want to give the impression that we were just a local corps from New York's Capital Region. Although we are primarily based in the Capital Region, the organizational efforts included individuals from outside this region, especially the Berkshires. We felt that it was important to recognize their contributions and those who would become a future part of the organizaation. So the catch phrase was designed with that in mind and to establish that these regions are very much a part of what we are.

You may also be interested to know that our name Excelsior was first suggested by a Drum Corps Planet poster and was chosed from over 100 different suggestions we received. The choice was almost unanimious with only one vote for another name... that being Quest!

Again thanks for your comments! :blink:

Joe,

Thanks for the background info on the name. I must admit, I was also wondering how you guys came up with the name "Excelsior".....and, I do think it's an "Excellent" and "Unique" name!

Also, who came up with the "beautiful multi-colored" logo that is on your WebSite?! It is a "Great" idea!!! Have you thought of including that logo on the uniforms?! Now that would be "very unique"!!!

Joe,

Thanks for the background info on the name. I must admit, I was also wondering how you guys came up with the name "Excelsior".....and, I do think it's an "Excellent" and "Unique" name!

Also, who came up with the "beautiful multi-colored" logo that is on your WebSite?! It is a "Great" idea!!! Have you thought of including that logo on the uniforms?! Now that would be "very unique"!!!

Brenda,

If that "beautiful multi-colored" logo your asking about is the star like burst in the upper left corner of the pages, then it's not our logo. It's a flash graphic used in the basic design of the site. You should see some tiny lines shooting through it! The logo shown on my original post on this topic is pretty much what I expect you will see on our uniforms. You'll also see it on our product line at CafePress. http://www.cafepress.com/excelsiorcorps/