Caballeros Beach Party 05 Over

Hey, all

For anyone who couldn't make it to Wildwood today, you missed a good one. Lotsa corps, lotsa sounds, lotsa fun. Larry Kirchner and the Music Express made their first performance in Wildwood and absolutely stunned everyone with their musicianship. (Try imagining Johnny Carson's Tonight Show Band with Doc Severensen - Playing bugles..... Wow!)

As always, the American Originals Drum and Fife Corps had people gasping in their seats. These guys are about as good as it can get.

Sky can't find the mute button on their instruments. But who cares! I have never heard so much power on one stage from any other corps I've ever seen. If it were possible, Sky almost blew the walls of Convention Hall down and the audience kept shouting, "Louder!"

The other corps were all just as good, but I'll leave a more professional review to others. I wanted to post my pictures as soon as I can. The show just ended about two hours ago (and I'll bet they're still partying at "Juan Pablos" on Pacific Avenue in Wildwood.

Word of warning about my pics. I just got a brand new digital camera yesterday and I'm still trying to figure out the settings. The boardwalk parade pics turned out pretty great. I truly apologize about some of the indoor photos, though. Once I figure out the indoor settings, I promise to do better next year.

Click the link below to check them out. Click on "slide show" and set the timer at 9 seconds so you can get a good look at the pics before they change. You can also pause each picture as necessary. Have fun - Thom B)

P.S. There was a rumor tonight that the indoor stage show in 06 might be moved up to April instead of Halloween weekend. That way, it'll be warmer outside and almost everything in Wildwood will be open, including the rides. The June indoor field show will still be held as always. But these are just rumors as of now - Stay tuned!

PhotobucketPics

thom@thewildwoodsrepoprter.com

Here's my favorite photo of the boardwalk parade. I'd like to thank whoever provided that sky

Thom B)

101_0037.jpg

And another - I think this is kind of ironic. Anyone notice that the cabs were getting ready for the parade in front of the Bolero Motel?

101_0002.jpg

Edited by JerseyDigger29