2005 dvds - latest update

I would like better quality for division 2-3 DVD's.

I mean, it's not bad, but it's completely substandard compared to what division 1 has.

~>conner

I agree to a point. I mean they really havent added anything new to the DVD's the last couple of years. I would think (And hope) that the process and technology would get better and could allow for an earlier delivery every couple of years. I have had my full set of DCA dvd's for a month or better and DCAs' takes place a month later than DCI :rock::rock:

I know the quaility between the two are night and day......but come on folks....get cracking and deliver the goods :P :P

Triple Forte

I can think of 3 good reasons why DCI DVD's take longer than DCA DVD's: quality, content and quantity.

Quality - already mentioned but there really is no comparison.

Content - from color guard cams to judge commentary to Easter eggs - again, no real comparison.

Quantity - DCI sells and thus needs to produce significantly more DVD's (which, of course, takes longer).

What has been added in the last couple years? The entire rest of Division I - the 13 - 24 corps on DVD (previously only available on VHS). A seperate disc with seperate packaging that has to be produced at the same time.

DCI has been producing a DVD format of some sort since 2000. The earliest they had them ready for shipment is mid-November right before Thanksgiving. Be grateful it isn't 2001(?) when they ran into several problems and they didn't get shipped out until January. Patience is the key.

Why, I remember before there were DVD's and before there were VHS tapes and before cassettes and 8-tracks when only vinyl 33 1/3 LP's were available from DCI. AND, before there was an Addison there was a Lombard - and before that Lombard there was the other Lombard - and before that there was Villa Park. So, even though gas was up to $0.40/gallon, we braved the harsh Chicago area December weather and drove to Villa Park so that we could have our genuine vinyl 33 1/3 LP's in time for Christmas. Fortunately, we lived in the area, but that's not the point. We were thankful that we had them in time to wrap them and put them under the tree so that we could open them on Christmas morning and share the true meaning of the season with all our neighbors - until that one neighbor called the police (or until the speakers blew out - depending on the year). But I digress...

I guess impatiently waiting for this year's audio/visual product because we need our drum corps fix is as old as drum corps "recordings". At least, that's the way we remember it - and we liked it!