Over 250 attend first round of auditions

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy crap.

I'm seeing some full division 2 corps this year.

a few, meaning more than one.

~>conner

congrats on a great turnout

their first two competitive seasons, they've fielded a 110+ member corps, with plenty of talent. i expect this year to be no different :)

well i agree with that and this year not really being too different for academy, but what about these other corps that people aren't talking about much, but you hear about tryouts that have about a lil over 135 members show up to try out. just because a group wants a full corps doesn't mean that say for example all the people that show up (140) are so good that they are gonna only cut 5 people to have a full corps. do you understand what im trying to say here? (its kinda confusing) but are these corps risking only cutting 5 people to have a corps that might not have the talent level that they might have if they cut say 20 or 30 members. cause theres the saying you are only as good as your weakest player...

so yah just food for thought...lol

but, they had 250 people... not 140.

which means they had plenty of talnet. if you think about it, they will have to "cut" almost as many as they will offer a contract (assuming they are marching a full corps)

~>conner