Medical Bag

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tissues for bloody noses and paper towels for cuts. I know its not a first-aid thing, but bug spray is always a good thing to have.

this year the section leaders in my marching band all had backpacks, tackle boxes, one section had one of those Kaboodle thingys. I tried to keep ours always stocked up on stuff.

-1 small, medium, large Ace bandage

-a box of bandaids that had all different sizes

-a box of butterfly bandaids

-Band-Aid brand cut/scrape cleanser

-Neosporin

-Ambesol (toothache stuff)

-Gold Bond itch creme

-Gold Bond powder

-Aleve and Motrin (depending on pain)

-Anti-Hystamine

-contact solution

-a glasses repair kit

-tweezers

-fingernail clips/file

-shoe polish/rag

-tissues

-deodorant

we had an inhaler, an epipen, and a paperbag in ours also, but it was for certain people..

the flutes and clarinets also had things like nail polish remover, and feminine products.

Once again, Gold Bond is god.

I think someone's already mentioned this...but its worth repeating-

Be extra careful giving people any medication they could have a reaction to. One time in my high school band there was an issue because someone gave someone else medicine after they sprained something. The issue was with a school policy, which is different of course, but I don't know what legal muck you could get into if someone has a bad reaction.

Really, the likelihood of trouble with this...probably none. Best to be on the safe side though. I think its a cool idea, by the way.

medical gloves for your personal saftey

use vinyl medical gloves... they are available at any safety supply store.... avoid latex if you can in case of allergic reaction... you or your injured party... also, there is a fantasic product by the name of flamazine ( precription) that heals second and third degree burns to the point of no scarring... that I know personally.

i would defiantly econimize on the Ibuprofen. (as a contra player its a nessisty) also a good idea is anti-Diarrhea medicine of some sort. cause sometimes when nature calls. she knocks down your door. (if you ever saw me running off the field it was for good reasons lol) pepto-bismal too for stomach aches. and also that misqeuto stick stuff. that stops insect bites from itching. also an alternative to icy-hot. is mineral ice (im alergic to icy hot). midol is good as well (for guys too its gentle on the stomach). tampons are always good for bloody noses (and its funny). i think that about sums it up on things that i didnt see mentioned. oh and some tuff actin tinactin is a good idea too.

imidol is good as well (for guys too its gentle on the stomach). tampons are always good for bloody noses (and its funny).

I am not ashamed to say that I have used both of these products. Midol works on stomach cramps for guys, as well as migranes. AND somewhere my band director's wife has a picture of me with an O.B. stuck up my nose after I busted it on the bus door (the door got opened on my face).