Blimey how times have changed

Look at this ................ I dont beleive it......thais aint touring its a vacation............. talk about living in luxury

http://www.bluedevils.org/tty/index.php?pa...tos&programID=1

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:o

Edited by LaSqueegee

I dont know but I can see myself watching the TV

Oh the perks of being on staff of an 11 time world champion...

wow

I don't get it,

why does touring have to equal hardship? Staff and members spend up to 3 months basically living on these buses - so why not make them as comfortable as possible - which will in turn help in creating a better on-field product (more rest, more comfort, more down time etc...)

Just my 2 cents - and believe me I spent many years touring on "Crappola Extraordinaire" busses - including 2 month tours done in school buses!!!!

Later,

Mike

More power to them! As one ages, one loses the joy of sleeping on hard gym floors and travelling on regular buses. Anything to bring comfort to those who are giving their time as instructors...being away from all their home creature comforts to give their time to 135 kids...well, I see nothing wrong with that. I applaud the corps for deciding to make their time on the road a little more comfortable. I hope the idea catches on.

It's still a bus...

Ok..as DCP's resident bus expert..heres my take:

they bought an entertainer bus..Phantom has had one since 2001.

That bus appears to be a Prevost Le Mirage XL..about late 80's/ early 90's vintage. Nice, but hardly the best available.

You can get a similar bus of your own at www.busforsale.com..prices range from $15,000 to $600,000

I don't know what it cost BD..but I see it as a normal investment..not an outlandish extravagence. It replaced an MC-8 that was about a 1976 vintage!