Silver Sabres where are you?

They have the money, the staff, the equipment and talented kids in Salina and neighboring cities and towns. :music:

There should at least be a Division III Drum & Bugle Corps there in Salina, KS. :music:

Edited by Kansan

neighboring towns and cities? last time I was in Salinas the only thing neighboring it was a lot of farm land dotted with houses, lol

honestly I have no idea what the talent level of any high school programs in kansas are because you don't really here much about them, but i do hope that the Sabres can make something happen this year, good luck to them :)

They have the money, the staff, the equipment and talented kids in Salina and neighboring cities and towns. :music:

There should at least be a Division III Drum & Bugle Corps there in Salina, KS. :music:

Last I heard, money was still the issue. They have already had two false-starts, and want to make sure they have everything in place before trying again. Very wise decision if you ask me.

There are other opportunities for Kansas kids to take advantage of. Last year we drove 650 miles to San Antonio, this year we are driving 640 miles to La Crosse. Plus there are corps in Denver and Dubuque, and a new one forming in Oklahoma (Wild Knights). I'm not sure how many other Kansans are currently contracted with DCI corps other than my son, but I'm sure there are others. Kansas has too many good musicians to not have any marching corps.

neighboring towns and cities? last time I was in Salinas the only thing neighboring it was a lot of farm land dotted with houses, lol

honestly I have no idea what the talent level of any high school programs in kansas are because you don't really here much about them, but i do hope that the Sabres can make something happen this year, good luck to them :)

Salina isn't too far from Wichita, Emporia, Newton, Great Bend, Garden City, Garden City, Dodge City, Hutchinson, McPehrson. Kansas City Metro, Lawrence, and Topeka and Manhattan are just straight shots West on I-70 I drove across Kansas from Olathe (part of the KC metro) to Hutchinson for Sky Ryders.

Start doing performances in those Towns and Cities and I would think kids would be attracted to such a group.

The Sabres have a good Alumni Group at the right age to help support the Corps with their treasure and personal contacts.

I'd just like to see a Kansas Junior Corps represent the State and the Sabres are a breath away from doing that. :music:

Edited by Kansan

Oh I know of all the cities in Kansas, Ellis, Hayes, Russell, Elsworth, etc aren't far either, but my experience with people in the area is that it's a burden to have to drive 15 minutes to the next city to buy groceries, so I didn't know how far people in those towns would be willing to drive. I too would love to see a corps in Kansas again though, maybe it would help spark some growth in their high school programs as well?

Oh I know of all the cities in Kansas, Ellis, Hayes, Russell, Elsworth, etc aren't far either, but my experience with people in the area is that it's a burden to have to drive 15 minutes to the next city to buy groceries, so I didn't know how far people in those towns would be willing to drive. I too would love to see a corps in Kansas again though, maybe it would help spark some growth in their high school programs as well?

Yea, they will probably need some inspiration and motivation. B) I was lucky enough to have a band Teacher that provided those two things that got me off my butt and out on the field. :worthy:

Sadly, Sabres sight has been updated with some sobering news.

http://www.silversabres.homestead.com/

Oh I know of all the cities in Kansas, Ellis, Hayes, Russell, Elsworth, etc aren't far either, but my experience with people in the area is that it's a burden to have to drive 15 minutes to the next city to buy groceries, so I didn't know how far people in those towns would be willing to drive.

As I mentioned earlier, we drive almost 1,300 miles round trip for camps right now. And we live in Kansas.

Of course, we are transplanted New Yorkers, so we're a little crazy anyway b**bs .

As I mentioned earlier, we drive almost 1,300 miles round trip for camps right now. And we live in Kansas.

Of course, we are transplanted New Yorkers, so we're a little crazy anyway b**bs .

I thought New Yorkers always ended up in Florida. B)