Does anybody else miss...

Before you tell me, I realize how important it is for DCI to have quarters and semis in the evening to attract the local crowd and the school kids etc.. But does anybody else miss when semis started around 9:00 AM and went till about 5PM? Back in Boulder, Birmingham and Montreal, it felt kind of like a combination hooky day and NCAA tournament type day the way it was set up and the scores for each corps were announced a corps performance later. I know Boulder had no lights and I don't see any in my pics of McGill but there seem to be a lot of anticipation for 24 hours what would occur the next evening. And some of the best times I had were that Friday night before finals. And when was the last year of the all day semi shows?

I don't miss the daytime shows one bit. Surely everyone would agree that drum corps is better at night. It's cooler and the corps can perform better without the sun causing problems. As a performer, those days shows would absolutely drain me.

About the only thing I would agree with is that on Friday night, we could relax and physically prepare for the big day on Saturday, but I'd have given that up for the opportunity to perform our semis shows at night.

I don't miss the daytime shows one bit. Surely everyone would agree that drum corps is better at night. It's cooler and the corps can perform better without the sun causing problems. As a performer, those days shows would absolutely drain me.

About the only thing I would agree with is that on Friday night, we could relax and physically prepare for the big day on Saturday, but I'd have given that up for the opportunity to perform our semis shows at night.

agreed.

Before you tell me, I realize how important it is for DCI to have quarters and semis in the evening to attract the local crowd and the school kids etc.. But does anybody else miss when semis started around 9:00 AM and went till about 5PM? Back in Boulder, Birmingham and Montreal, it felt kind of like a combination hooky day and NCAA tournament type day the way it was set up and the scores for each corps were announced a corps performance later. I know Boulder had no lights and I don't see any in my pics of McGill but there seem to be a lot of anticipation for 24 hours what would occur the next evening. And some of the best times I had were that Friday night before finals. And when was the last year of the all day semi shows?

No way! I hated day shows. The heat, the blinding sun, the smaller crowds, etc. I'll take a night show under lights any day.

the you should be thrilled to attend the Division 2/3 semi finals that will run before the Friday show.