Brigadiers Last Feb. Camp

dudes

:huh: Moving and playing drill exercises already! Ten thousand more steps in the right direction... i think i can see a LOT to come this year...

oh and come what may...

GORGEOUS!!! Love the mello part ;)

MAKE SURE YOU COME UP MARCH 4TH

I'll be there!!!

The hills are made with the euphonious symphonies of descant...

WOW! What a camp! I had an absolute blast.... Those of you who werent there, missed out on some serious fun. We're making great progress in sights, sounds and coming together as the 2006 Brigadiers! Dont miss out on the next camp...March 4th & 5th. It only keeps getting better!

D*mn I so psyched.... b**bs

Yes....I too hear we have a HUGE......Talent.

(Get It lovethemello!)

Well, to be perfectly honest i'm not at all into this show idea; I've never seen the movie but it sounds like even though we've been told that we are not going to be focusing on the movie at all, just the music, I feel like that isn't true. Personally I wouldn't want to watch a drum corps show that is representative of a movie as much as I'd like to watch something that is new or original. It probably doesn't help me that I think the idea behind the movie is really lame and cliche and just not something I feel is enjoyable but everyone else seems to like it so I don't want to impose my feelings on anyone as much as I'd like to just get this off my chest. I just wanna play some really cool, loud, dark music (which is not bad so far) but I don't wanna see us portaying the movie at all. (I would hate it if the guard were to wear 'slutty' uniforms or whatnot and do things that turns the drum corps show from us playing Moulin Rouge's soundtrack into us telling the Moulin Rouge story on the field. I also am hoping for fast drill, I recently watched cab's 2004 show and the drill easily is faster than ours right off the bat. Senior corps is a lot different now than it was before, when I joined. Can anyone shine some inspirational light onto my thoughts of this year? I'd like to hear what is going through your heads as well. Thanks.

-Pat

BTW: There better be four tenors this year, I don't wanna be stuck on the end again.

Pat,

My response to you is as a fan of The Brig’s and a fan of The Moulin Rouge. I, as a visual designer, have been waiting for a corps to pick up on this music and story for some time now. I can understand your point of not wanting to tell the love story, but if the theme is the movie, which it seems to be, then in my opinion you have to tell the story. I think this show is a great fit for The Brig’s, and if it’s done the right way, it will be a show to remember.

Which ever way The Brig’s choose to interpret this show, both musically and visually, I’m sure the fans will not be disappointed.

Best of luck.

I have marched Many years in DCI, this is only my second in DCA, but to touch on what Pat stated. I have played some really fun shows, won with a few, and came close to winning with a few others.

But by far this is the best designed show so far that I have been a part of. The music is by far the most fun to play and the writing is perfect for the impacts we are going to be looking to put out...the effect the staff wants with this show are in place. About moving fast, I know our design team and managment team are making sure that this years drill will be fast, will be exciting and most of all will be NEW.

In drum corps this show is new, the concept is pretty much untouched and by all means the show screams Brigs from start to finish. It might not be a 99, 00, 01, or 02 show...Guess what thats fine because this is 2006.

There will not and shold not be very many drum corps fans upset with this years show, it has every eliment of a great show in it. I know for a fact the guard is not going to end up in risky outfits, I also know the drill is not going to be movie based...The drill design is going to be based on that of an abstract artist.

People the brigs are serious this year, we want to make the fans love us, we are in it for you out there; no more boring shows, Drum corps is not a theater activity with Golf claps it is one where the fans can be a part of the show getting on their feet and going nuts...and the corps plans to make sure it is that way this summer with this show.

now get to the next camp and be a part of it.

Edited by Panacea

First, there is desire. Then, passion. Then, suspicion. Jealousy. Jealousy, yes, jealousy will drive you mad.

This show is a fabulous opportunity where creatively, just about anything goes. I have full confidence in the administration and the coordinators who have been doing what they have been doing professionally for years not a couple of seasons. The fact that we dont know every facet of the show yet is what keeps things exciting, fresh and open for interpretation. After seeing the movie several times, heard and played parts of the arrangements thus far, I agree whole heartedly with dukecornwell, its a story that must be told.

Next camp. Be there and find out whats in store. Afraid of the dark are you? ^0^

The Bohemian storm is brewing....Outside things may be tragic, but in here we feel its magic.

Amen sistah