Excelsior 2006 shirt design contest

The Excelsior drum and bugle corps, a subsidiary of the Excelsior Visual and Performing Arts Association, is pleased to announce the 2006 shirt design contest.

The rules are simple.

1. Create a design to adorn the front of a t-shirt or sweat shirt. roughly 12 inches square.

2. There is no theme to our 2006 program. We are a parade and exhibition corps with visions on competition in the near future.

3. Our program consists of the Excelsior fanfare, The theme to Robin Hood-Prince of Theives, On Broadway, The Battle Hymn of the Republic, and the Theme to the Dick Van Dyke Show. Any and/or all of these components can be used in your creation, or you can choose not to use them at all. Components that we would request to be in your design would include our corps name: Excelsior and "2006". Beyond that, the sky is the limit. Be creative.

4. All designs submitted will become the property of the Excelsior Visual and Performing Arts Association and will not be returned.

5. All designs are due in to EVPAA by May 1st.

6. The winning design will be selected and the winner contacted by May 15th.

7. The first place prize for the design ultimately selected will be a DVD of the 2006 DCA championships finals.

8. First and second runner up prizes will also be given.

All submissions should be mailed to:

T-shirt Contest

EVPAA

Excelsior drum and bugle corps

P.O. Box 81

Troy, NY 12182

Please remember to label your design with your name and contact information.

Thank you and good luck!

b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

I have been asked for more info, so here it is.

1. Corps colors are Navy Blue, Black and White

2. Corps motto is "Ever Upward" (AKA "Ever Upwards in the Performing Arts")

3. Corps slogan is "From the Adirondacks to the Berkshire to the Catskill Mountains, we are Excelsior!"

4. We use bugles in the key of "G".

5. Our drumline is Yamaha and our snares play traditional grip.

6. Yes! If you have a two sided design, front and back, let me see it.

Hopefully that answers most of your questions, any more, just add a reply and I will get back to you...in the meantime, start drawing!!!!

and cymbalsguy, if you think the shirt needs a cymbal on it...then I am all for it. Go Cymbals! Design it and send it in.

Thanks for all the interest in Excelsior.

Art

Edited by 27thAvantCadets

if i knew what i was doing id so design one

if i knew what i was doing id so design one
Joe,

Who said you have to know what your doing? I've seen many t-shirt designes that would prove you don't need to! :D

I have recieved a couple of really good submissions, one has no pictures, it is only words! POint is everyone can do this.
Art,

Thanks for better articulating what I was trying to say!

BTW, was one of the submissions a picture of my puss centered on a cymbal that is painted to look like a dart board?

:lolhit: