Crown featured in commercial

Yeah...I know of some folks that were asked to come and "hold horns" for that commercial. Though I haven't seen the spot, I have a feeling that it is Crown's audio tracked over visual of other folks with instruments.

I was one of those people...it was interesting. about 1/2 of the ppl that did the commercial weren't in Crown, or in the respecitve caption. I surely do not play trumpet! that day was as bad if not worse than a rehearsal day. confirmed that I do not want to go into acting!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a kind of completely off-topic but on-topic side note.. I think it's relatively inventive of the state of North Carolina to utilize the lottery to subsidize public education.. it sort of implies (by use of the "band" appearance) that the money raised will go towards what are fast becoming "expendable" programs in the public schools -- fine arts, foreign languages and humanities -- and it's encouraging to see a state taking advantage of something people are already spending their money on to put it to good works.

This is the first time I've seen anything like this.. I wonder why more states don't do this?

Stef

Actually, if your system is anything like the one in Florida, it's not all that great.

The money from gambling isn't "extra" money. They just take away the money they were already supplying via taxes and replace it with gambling money, so really the schools aren't any better off. It's just a "feel good" system. <**>