KING 1124-SP fakes from China on EBay?

RiverRat

eBay instrument buying tip of the day: when they can't even get the name right, it's probably not what they claim.

They also have King look-alike mellophones on there. I've been meaning to ask if someone knew if they were any good.

I would say to avoid all those instruments from China and India that come without a recognized brand name. This doesn't mean they're all horrible, but that there's a great chance you'll get a major POS.

What I'm curious about is how his feedback is listed a "Private". You can see how many have posted positive, and likewise for negative (338 to 4). But you can't read the comments or see the items.

I personally would stay away from anyone who has their e-bay account set-up that way.

My father-in-law makes his living on e-bay and I can assure you that a sellers (or buyers for that matter) feedback rating is the single most important asset they have.

They also have King look-alike mellophones on there. I've been meaning to ask if someone knew if they were any good.

The also have a Tuba too(from india). It even has a brand name Maestro or something similar.

I saw those... the fact that their comments are on "private only" worries me.