Cadet Camp Review

I had the pleasure of being able to attend the Cadets camp this past weekend. All were hard at work preparing for the 2006 offering of Through the Looking Glass. As usual, the members, volunteers and staff were hard at work in true Cadet fashion.

The show I feel, will be another one for the history books. It is thought provoking, whimsical and packed with raw emotion. This presentation is definately not your mothers Alice in Wonderland! If one thought that last years show could not be topped and brought to yet another level, hold on, as this years offering brings new meaning to "another level".

For the nay sayers of vocalization in this activity, I would suggest you keep an open mind and enjoy. As is the customary Cadet approach to show design, the addition of vocalization in the show is utilized with class, style and grace, truly bringing an added dimension and positioning the corps once again, on the cutting edge.

I am truly looking forward to seeing how this show progresses. Yes, there are some rough spots and transitions to be worked out, but the overall concept, music and entertainment valued already built into the show is pure genius!!!! Kudos to the members and staff, for what promises to be an extremely magical and entertaining experience for this patron of drum corps.

That's all fine and dandy, but I think I'll just wait until I see it on the field...

AREdrummer10. You certainly have every right to your opinion of the show, when you see it. I was mearly giving my thoughts and impressions on what I heard and witnessed over the weekend.

Enjoy your drum corps experience!

Patty

I definitely understand that, and your opinion is well taken. I guess I'm just not a fan of people talking up a show before the season has even started (not that you were, I'm just saying...)

That said, I do really look forward to seeing The Cadets this summer. B)

I was there too and they sound amazing. The ballad is just incredible, the brass line sounded so good that I had chills. After playing last year's ballad Dancer is a little sentimental in my book and it would be hard for any corps to beat that for me. They could very well do that. The cadets have not been posting the best parts of their show on the internet because there was a lot of stuff that I was like "wow that's going to be cool" and as weird as the concept sounds it's not going to be that bad and will probably be alot easier to follow than last year. Wait until you see it for yourself because I know that that's what most of you will say so spare yourself. I was really entertained this weekend and can't wait to see it on the feild.

Adam